Windows 10: How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory?

Discus and support How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there!We have just set up Active Directory for our Windows Server and have created several Users;But whenever a users logs in, they have to search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by okaeiz, May 18, 2022.

1. okaeiz Win User

How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory?

Hi there!We have just set up Active Directory for our Windows Server and have created several Users;But whenever a users logs in, they have to search the server address in the navigation bar to get access to server files.Is there any way we can somehow save the network for each user so they will no longer have to search the server address and enter credentials?

:)

okaeiz, May 18, 2022
  2. fussybob Win User

Can't save file in C:\ root directory

I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone.

I can make/delete new folders in the C: drive, and save/delete files in those folders.
    My Win 10 system works just fine, except for me to save a file in the C; root directory

I can save files from apps to the C:\, and if I save the same file again, it tells me it exists and if I want to overwrite it, so it is indeed saved to the root directory.

In windows explorer I can't see those saved files in the root directory.

Any suggestions?

fussybob, May 18, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Default save directory for Word not be User.

Jeff,

I found some screenshots that show that I also had to take some action in the System tray [the "Notification area" in Win10-speak] -

- Step 1 - SysTray, right-click on OneDrive icon, select Settings

How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory? [​IMG]
    - Step 2 - clear the checkbox for starting with Windows
    How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory? [​IMG]

Whilst my written notes do not refer to this action, I must have done it in order to have taken screenshots of doing so. And some of the trimmed-out bits of the screenshots prove that I was in a local account [not an MSAccount] when I did this.

Denis

4. Kreij Win User

How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 18, 2022
Thema:

1. How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory? - Similar Threads - save local network

2. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  3. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  4. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory?: Hi there!We have just set up Active Directory for our Windows Server and have created several Users;But whenever a users logs in, they have to search the server address in the navigation bar to get access to server files.Is there any way we can somehow save the network for...
  6. How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save the local network in File Explorer for each user in Active Directory?: Hi there!We have just set up Active Directory for our Windows Server and have created several Users;But whenever a users logs in, they have to search the server address in the navigation bar to get access to server files.Is there any way we can somehow save the network for...
  7. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: Saludos a tod@s. Me gustaria saber si desde Visual Basic Excel puedo hace una consulta a Active Directory Users and Computers para obtener el valor de un campo determinado como podría ser el del nombre. Espero noticias, gracias de ante mano!!!! - Greetings to all. I...
  8. Default save directory for Word not be User.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default save directory for Word not be User.: I have recently completed a fresh install of Windows 10 are a SSD crash. I have also installed Office Home and Student 2019. For Windows 10 in File Explorer, I have the documents icon point to D:\Documents\. In Office I have the Word settings also point to D:\Documents\....
  9. Convert Active Directory user to a local user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Active Directory user to a local user: I would like to know if it possible to convert a user from an AD to a local account on the same computer and if so how does one go about doing it? Thanks in advance....
  10. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: I have my Windows 10 display language and input keyboard language set to Swedish. I work with Windows Directory Services alot and I want the display language of Active Directory to be different than my Windows Display Language. I want to set it to English. I have tried...