Windows 10: How to save Windows License after changing operating system

Discus and support How to save Windows License after changing operating system in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I need to uninstall windows in my personal laptop in order to install Linux for a few months. Later I will like to be able to reinstall windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Artic42, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Artic42 Win User

How to save Windows License after changing operating system

Hi,

I need to uninstall windows in my personal laptop in order to install Linux for a few months. Later I will like to be able to reinstall windows with my license, but I really don't know how or if this can be done.

Can anyone help.

:)

Artic42, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Sharmard Win User

operating system language problem

I have upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 in August 2015. Since then I am struggling to change the operating system language but not able to do it as I cannot understand Dutch in which the system got upgraded. I bought this lenovo laptop from Netherlands,
    so it has default operating system language as dutch. I tried many tips suggested online to change it but not able to change it. Please suggest how can I get rid of these problem. I want to have administrative language as English. Please suggest step by step
    procedure. It is even difficult to figure out which is pc setting option, recovery option or update option in dutch.

Thank you.

Sharmard, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 17, 2019
  4. How to save Windows License after changing operating system

' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

How to save Windows License after changing operating system

1. How to save Windows License after changing operating system - Similar Threads - save License changing

2. Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.: I am going to be refurbishing/building computers from the Windows 7 era, but they are going to have to run Windows XP. Since I can't limit myself to only using chassis with Windows XP keys on them, is there another way to acquire copies? I found a company that produces...
  3. Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.: I am going to be refurbishing/building computers from the Windows 7 era, but they are going to have to run Windows XP. Since I can't limit myself to only using chassis with Windows XP keys on them, is there another way to acquire copies? I found a company that produces...
  4. How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 Professional retail license. The existing system having some display problems and i want to transfer the existing Windows 10 Professional license to another New system.What is the procedure and how to deactivate the Windows 10 license in the...
  5. How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 Professional retail license. The existing system having some display problems and i want to transfer the existing Windows 10 Professional license to another New system.What is the procedure and how to deactivate the Windows 10 license in the...
  6. How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Changing operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing operating system: I have a dell latitude e6500 running Windows 10 i demolished the OS by deleting a bunch of system32 files,. .NET_Microsost, anyway the point is i cant fix this operating system no matter what. My question is if i install Ubuntu on my phones sd card can i put it in my laptop...
  8. About Windows Operating System License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About Windows Operating System License: I would like to know the information about the Windows 10 Operating System versions, and their usages like which version can use for any company or private sector. Are there any restrictions/conditions to use a particular version that should be used or should not be used for...
  9. Changing the operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing the operating system: After I install windows 10 many parts in my laptop have broken [dongle, web camera , key board etc]. Now my laptop got automatic repair loop that cannot be stoppable. Only thing I want is a method to buy a genuine product key for windows 7. Can you mention a method to buy it...
  10. How to Change Operating system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Change Operating system: How to Change Window Phone, Window Operating system into Android operating System. Phone (Microsoft Lumia 640 xl Dual Sim) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-operating-system/55af8dba-f940-4e95-bb93-d8470e599967