Windows 10: how to scan a local drive e

Discus and support how to scan a local drive e in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to scan a local drive e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-scan-a-local-drive-e/5ffd505e-4460-4715-a2dc-724dde84aef7 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edwardkrauss1, Jun 5, 2020.

1. how to scan a local drive e

how to scan a local drive e

:)

edwardkrauss1, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it when connecting an HD drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get a clear picture of the issue, we will need the following details:

• When exactly are you receiving the error message?
    • Have you tried connecting the drive to any other USB port?
    • Are you able to access the drive on any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer and the HD drive?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

You can scan the drive for errors by following the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Right click on the HD Drive and select
      Properties.
    4. Click on Tools tab, under
      Error Checking
      click on Check. This will scan the drive for error and fix them.
    Note: If any bad sectors are found on the hard drive while Windows try to repair the sectors, data on the sectors might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Alan-Alan Win User
    Local disk drive (Ehow to scan a local drive e :)

Hi Microsoft community,

I have no idea how this has happened, but I now have a local disk drive (Ehow to scan a local drive e :). Approximately every minute, a message pops up on my screen that says my local E-drive is almost full, yet I can't find anything on it. How do I remove this E-drive as well as this
    really annoying E-drive message?

~Alan.

Alan-Alan, Jun 5, 2020
  4. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. how to scan a local drive e - Similar Threads - scan local drive

2. I see both a Local Drive E: and a C:\Windows.The Local Drive E: is only 880 MB and has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see both a Local Drive E: and a C:\Windows.The Local Drive E: is only 880 MB and has...: When I tried to restore my computer using a 3rd Party Backup Program, something went wrong. I had to do a Clean Install of Windows 11. Now, I see both a Local Drive E: and a C:\Windows. The Local Drive E:\ has only 880 MB and has Recycle Bin, System Volume, and Recovery...
  3. I see both a Local Drive E: and a C:\Windows.The Local Drive E: is only 880 MB and has...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I see both a Local Drive E: and a C:\Windows.The Local Drive E: is only 880 MB and has...: When I tried to restore my computer using a 3rd Party Backup Program, something went wrong. I had to do a Clean Install of Windows 11. Now, I see both a Local Drive E: and a C:\Windows. The Local Drive E:\ has only 880 MB and has Recycle Bin, System Volume, and Recovery...
  4. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  5. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  6. E drive scan-check for errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    E drive scan-check for errors: HI,When going thru my monthly clean up and opimisation, I came across the attached on a non-primary drive.It IS an SSD, I researched and a number of advises correlated into running checkdsk as an admin of course, with '/f /r', after the drive...on a reboot.It found a...
  7. scan to e-mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan to e-mail: Fujitsu Scansnap will not scan to e-mail on one system. Windows 10 pro 64. email is outlook 2019 pro plus. Multiple scansnap scanners fail on this system. Same scanners work on other Windows 10 Pro systems with same email client. All updates installed for Microsoft and...
  8. scan to e-mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scan to e-mail: When I try to scan a copy to e-mail it says check e-mail client settings. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-e-mail/4ea9fa77-5cb7-4ef7-be50-9cb2d4c12ef4
  9. my e drive needs to be scanned.

my e drive needs to be scanned.: My laptop wont read my 16gb SanDisk. The error message is to scan the drive. How to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-drive-needs-to-be-scanned/45fc9631-71ad-4cea-9ce8-88d5e3c3527d
  10. local drive E

local drive E: my e drive claims to be out of space yet has no folders to show & therefore no possibility to delete, so how can i free up space on local drive E so that the massage of low disc space shouldn't pop up every 2 min....