Windows 10: how to scan registry

Discus and support how to scan registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How does one scan the registry to ensure no potential or real issues exist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glenn Hughes 1, Jan 14, 2021.

1. how to scan registry

How does one scan the registry to ensure no potential or real issues exist

:)

Glenn Hughes 1, Jan 14, 2021

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jan 14, 2021
  3. "SpeedUpMyPC" says that there are registry errors

Hi Maja,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to run System File checker and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 1: Run SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow method 2

Method 2: DISM

• Open Command Prompt with administrator access.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • After the repair is complete, restart your computer and try updating now.
    If you the issue still persist, you may have to repair or reinstall the register files manually.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 14, 2021
  4. avemaria Win User

how to scan registry

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

how to scan registry

1. how to scan registry - Similar Threads - scan registry

2. Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death: When I run Bitdefender Free Full System Scan, it runs for about 5 seconds before my Windows 11 computer gets the system error message and restarts. I do have Malwarebytes installed, although it is not running in real-time, and I have done Bitdefender system scans in the past...
  3. Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death: When I run Bitdefender Free Full System Scan, it runs for about 5 seconds before my Windows 11 computer gets the system error message and restarts. I do have Malwarebytes installed, although it is not running in real-time, and I have done Bitdefender system scans in the past...
  4. Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11: Greetings all,I have been seeing on new Windows 11 devices that I am deploying that Windows Fax and Scan is not included in the optional features. I have run through countless forums trying all the things I see and no luck. It is not in Optional Features under Print and...
  5. Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11

Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11: Greetings all,I have been seeing on new Windows 11 devices that I am deploying that Windows Fax and Scan is not included in the optional features. I have run through countless forums trying all the things I see and no luck. It is not in Optional Features under Print and...
  6. Unwanted registry key restores on reboot context menu item for scan with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted registry key restores on reboot context menu item for scan with Windows Defender: To remove `Scan with Windows Defender` from Windows Explorer's context menu, I obtained `remove Scan with Windows Defender.reg` from here:https://winaero.com/download-remove-scan-with-windows-defender-context-menu-in-windows-10 Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  7. Unwanted registry key restores on reboot context menu item for scan with Windows Defender

Unwanted registry key restores on reboot context menu item for scan with Windows Defender: To remove `Scan with Windows Defender` from Windows Explorer's context menu, I obtained `remove Scan with Windows Defender.reg` from here:https://winaero.com/download-remove-scan-with-windows-defender-context-menu-in-windows-10 Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  8. Unwanted registry key restores on reboot context menu item for scan with Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows Security Registry Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Registry Scan: Does Windows Security have registry scan like Malwarebytes? but Windows Security only files and folder scan and no have registry scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-registry-scan/27569f91-2c95-49d1-ac19-b6ae079efef9
  10. Find not scanning in Registry...event error

in Windows 10 Support
    Find not scanning in Registry...event error: This is the event error after attempting to do a regular 'FIND' within the Registry. Before the Fall upgrade installed via .iso on 11/20/2015 this Find worked. The Nirsoft Registry Scan will scan and find. I did not attempt to link to the registry from that Nirsoft tool The...