Windows 10: how to scan to desktop a document and open it.

Discus and support how to scan to desktop a document and open it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how to scan to desktop a document and open it. i have windows 10 and a al in one hp envoy printer scanner.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stevesproesser, Feb 22, 2019.

1. how to scan to desktop a document and open it.

how to scan to desktop a document and open it.

i have windows 10 and a al in one hp envoy printer scanner.

:)

stevesproesser, Feb 22, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Feb 22, 2019
  3. AArbuckle Win User
    Cannot open a scanned file for viewing in Windows Fax and Scan application

Windows build # is 15063.483

Yes, this has been an ongoing issue with Win10.

I'm not really interested in opening jpgs with MS Paint. I was citing it as an easy way to reproduce the issue with Fax and Scan.

To see it for yourself, follow these steps. Please, please, please, please try these simple steps on your system and let me know your experience.

• Set the default application for .jpg files to MS Paint
    • From a File Explorer window, double click on any jpg file. Paint opens properly.
    • Copy the .jpg file to your "%userprofile%\Documents\Scanned Documents" folder
    • Run the Windows Fax and Scan desktop app
    • Your jpg file should appear in the list of scanned documents, along with the preview at the bottom of the window
    • Double click on the jpg document to "view"

Do you get an message saying "Could not open document for viewing"?

If you get this error, why?

If Windows lets me choose a default app for a particular file type, why does a sanctioned Microsoft application not function correctly?

Why would Fax and Scan be the only desktop app in Windows that doesn't understand how to call ShellExecute()?

Again, I am NOT worried about MS Paint. I mentioned it because it is a simple way to reproduce the bug. I want to be able to open jpgs with Paint.Net (or another app) as the default application. This works fine in File Explorer. Heck, I can even type
    the name of a jpg file in a cmd window and Paint.Net opens.

But if I set the default app for jpgs to something other than Photos or Paint3D, Fax and Scan can't open it for viewing.

If your follow the steps I described above and are able to reproduce it on your system then please diagnose the problem there.

AArbuckle, Feb 22, 2019
  4. how to scan to desktop a document and open it.

How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

how to scan to desktop a document and open it.

1. how to scan to desktop a document and open it. - Similar Threads - scan desktop document

2. windows wont open a scanned document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont open a scanned document: i was able to scan a document and it was finebut when I went to open it in windows it said upload failedit worked fine yesterday so any ideas what this might caused by...
  3. windows wont open a scanned document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows wont open a scanned document: i was able to scan a document and it was finebut when I went to open it in windows it said upload failedit worked fine yesterday so any ideas what this might caused by...
  4. windows wont open a scanned document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't open scanned documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open scanned documents: I'm running on Windows 10 and can scan from printer with no problem, however I am unable to open the file from SCANS-it just continuously runs. I also found that I cannot open my SYSTEMS app. Thanks for any suggestions/help....
  6. scanned documents

in Cortana
    scanned documents: Is it possible to fax scanned documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanned-documents/a30e52f0-fc9f-4ff6-b0c9-51defcc3c7a5
  7. scanning documents

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning documents: I am scanning documents from my Epson scanner to my pc. All scans are going into Photos file. How do I move them into documents so I can edit them. Or, how do I scan them as documents into documents file,...
  8. Scanning a document

Scanning a document: I have placed a document in my scanner (MG5750 printer), and pressed the scan button. In the small screen on the printer, it says in a small oblong box 'Doc.type <Auto scan>, and at the bottom 'Scan, save, forward'. I pressed the 1st of the 3 buttons beneath the screen and...
  9. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...
  10. Scanning a document

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning a document: G'day, Could somebody tell me how to turn a scanned document into a word document. I want to altar some of the words & add other sentences. Or please direct me to a sight that will tell me how to do it with Window 10. Cheers Perry 60294