Windows 10: How to schedule a task as Standard User?

Discus and support How to schedule a task as Standard User? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chewlip, Jan 21, 2016.

1. chewlip Win User

How to schedule a task as Standard User?

I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing so that it starts when I log on. However when creating a task, I get a message saying the user doesn't have permission. How should I do this? I've followed this guide but it assumes you are running as Administrator. Starting Syncthing Automatically Syncthing v0.12 documentation

I've solved it using the second part of the guide, using the shell:startup folder, however I'd prefer to use Task Scheduler if possible.

:)

chewlip, Jan 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard
    user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says
    that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround?
    Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

Bryan Mohr, Jan 21, 2016
  3. taskkill problem

Hi when ever I login to standard account, taskkill.exe will popup asking for password. I tried looking for in task scheduler, but could not find it. How do you stop taskkill.exe from starting?

Zaki Abdulkhaalis, Jan 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You cannot. Tasks have to run with Administrator privileges.

bro67, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

1. How to schedule a task as Standard User? - Similar Threads - schedule task Standard

2. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  3. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  4. How to reset Task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to reset Task scheduler, so every existing task is deleted and I can recreate a new taskDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  5. How to reset Task scheduler?

How to reset Task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to reset Task scheduler, so every existing task is deleted and I can recreate a new taskDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  6. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  7. Task Scheduler User Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler User Information: I am trying to schedule a job to run from a software program that reads data from a server. The job works when I manually run it as I am prompted to add my account information before running the task each time. The issue is that I cannot get the job to run on a scheduled...
  8. HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK

HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK: HELLO, I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK TO RUN AUTOMATICALLY AT A CERTAIN HOUR IN WINDOWS 10. THANKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-schedule-a-task/c6df2696-878b-4354-a0cf-fa2143a4f318
  9. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  10. Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?: When I edit a task I already created (like the one in the print screen), and press ok, it set a wrong user (it sometimes set it as "medium mandatory level", and the task won't run until I set the user as "Me-PC\Me" Where can I set the default account for the task to...