Windows 10: How to schedule a task as Standard User?

Discus and support How to schedule a task as Standard User? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chewlip, Jan 21, 2016.

1. chewlip Win User

How to schedule a task as Standard User?

I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing so that it starts when I log on. However when creating a task, I get a message saying the user doesn't have permission. How should I do this? I've followed this guide but it assumes you are running as Administrator. Starting Syncthing Automatically Syncthing v0.12 documentation

I've solved it using the second part of the guide, using the shell:startup folder, however I'd prefer to use Task Scheduler if possible.

:)

chewlip, Jan 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard
    user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says
    that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround?
    Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

Bryan Mohr, Jan 21, 2016
  3. taskkill problem

Hi when ever I login to standard account, taskkill.exe will popup asking for password. I tried looking for in task scheduler, but could not find it. How do you stop taskkill.exe from starting?

Zaki Abdulkhaalis, Jan 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You cannot. Tasks have to run with Administrator privileges.

bro67, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

1. How to schedule a task as Standard User? - Similar Threads - schedule task Standard

2. task scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task scheduler: The task scheduler app in my windows 10 desktop is corrupt - is it possible to get access to the system32 folder so I can copy files from my windows 10 laptop to the desktop or can I get the repair done via windows? I have tried using repair but that is not helping...appears...
  3. TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK SCHEDULER: Hi guys, I'm trying to create some task by the Task Scheduler but the program does not recognize my Microsoft User name or password. I already checked and both are correct. What am I supposed to do? Thanks!...
  4. How To Fix Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Fix Task Scheduler: When I run Task Scheduler I get a vast number of error messages like these: [img] [img] and the only way I can close the Task Scheduler window is via Task Manager [img] How can I fix Task Manager? 111979
  5. Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?: When I edit a task I already created (like the one in the print screen), and press ok, it set a wrong user (it sometimes set it as "medium mandatory level", and the task won't run until I set the user as "Me-PC\Me" Where can I set the default account for the task to...
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore. I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks "what...
  7. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler: Will this work without username password logging on? In windows7 you had to have password to make it work. 35020
  8. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: Does anyone know how often the app update task schedule runs? And how to change it? I have auto app updates switched off but I know the update checker still runs. As I will sometimes open store and see app updates waiting to be manually downloaded. I'm not saying the above...
  10. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have set up a scheduled task called its time and every time I try to run it here is what comes up. I am using Win 10 and have plenty of ram 12GB. Here is message in attachment. Please help. It has worked in past with Win7. But no go in Win10?? [img] I'm not sure I did...