Windows 10: How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

Discus and support How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidHasko, Aug 15, 2018.

1. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

Hi,

I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible?

Thanks in advance,

David

:)

DavidHasko, Aug 15, 2018

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Wim Spaak Win User
    Windows Task Scheduler does not trigger a task, after a PC-restart during the day

Hi Jarius,

Thank you for your reply.

• On October 25, 2016, I checked the Windows Task Scheduler settings, according to your advice.
    • The next morning I powered-on my PC at 09:30 and made a screendump of the Task Scheduler at 10:08.

At that time 2 of my 5 scheduled backup task were triggered conform schedule and the according backups were carried out correctly (see the green framed surfaces in the 10:08 window below)
    • I powered-off my PC at 10:12 and powered it on again at 15:45.

How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger ec2f4458-2467-4cd3-b485-49a57dde937b.jpg

• At 15:50 I made a sreendump of the Task Scheduler window, where was indicated that 3 backup tasks were carried out correctly in the past at about 10:00 (see the green framed surfaces in the 15:50 window in the picture above).
    • At 16:40 I made a screendump again. Now the backup task that were triggered after the first power-on at about 10:00, now were not triggered anymore (the red framed surfaces in the 16:40 window) and the backup task that were not triggered during the first
      power-on, were now triggered correctly at about 16:00 (the green framed surfaces in the 16:40 window).
    • I also made screendumps again at 17:40 and 18:40. In both cases the backup tasks triggered during the first power-on at 9:30 were not triggered anymore and the backup tasks that were not triggered during the first power-on were correctly triggered with
      the scheduled 1 hour interval.

My conclusion:

• If my PC is powered-on before the first scheduled backup task, all backup job triggers are carried out conform schedule.
    • After a PC restart the previously triggered backup task are not triggered anymore during the rest of the day.
    • Only backup tasks that were not triggered before the PC restart, are triggered correctly after the PC restart.
    • A manual run of a backup task always result in a correct backup task trigger.

This must be a bug in the Windows Task Scheduler.

I hope you will find a solution for this problem.

Best regards, Wim

Wim Spaak, Aug 15, 2018
  4. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

Action Center Notifications

Hi Omer,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please provide the following information:

• Are you not getting any notifications on your Action Center using laptop A?
    • Which version & build of Windows are you running on your both devices?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

1. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger - Similar Threads - schedule task action

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. task scheduler trigger time

task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  5. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  6. Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?

Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?: Hello! Is it possible to set up Task Scheduler to run a command when the Action Center gets a new notification? Thanks! 152126
  7. Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?

Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?: Hello! I'm new to Task Scheduler and have a question: Some apps, while closed, can be opened in the background. One that I use sends notifications via the Action Center whenever I receive a text message. But due to an error, the notifcations disappear not long afterward. Is...
  8. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  9. Action Center and notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  10. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968