Windows 10: How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation)

Discus and support How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a switch to use in task scheduler to go to sleep at a certain time. Shutdown /h is not what I want to do, i just want to go into the normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QanonContinuum, Feb 18, 2020.

1. How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation)

Is there a switch to use in task scheduler to go to sleep at a certain time. Shutdown /h is not what I want to do, i just want to go into the normal sleep mode. The reason I want this is because sometimes my computer doesn't go to sleep and i want to force it to sleep.

Thanks

submitted by /u/QanonContinuum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QanonContinuum, Feb 18, 2020
  2. ksb1 Win User

My computer stopped sleeping or hybernating from the shutdown

My computer stopped sleeping or hybernating from the shutdown button in Windows 7 and Windows 10. The computer would shut off the display then go to the switch user disply, turing it back on. I tried turning off the LAN adapter by turning off this device
    to save power, as suggested. This did not work for me.

I tried another recommendation to turn off the Power Options hybrid sleep mode from the advanced setting menu. This fixed the Sleep mode and allows the computer to shut down, but did not fix the Hybernate mode.

3. rezog Win User
    Hybernate that turns to sleep

I've configured my laptop to hybernate when I push power button when it's on. So it does. But randomly it turns itself on and goes into sleep mode. I might be out whole day and I don't know for how long it was in the sleep mode (basically on). Why does it decide what to do? It gives a feeling of not being in control of your machine. As if I'm the guest and it is the host. I've some peripherals connected to laptop through USB port and they start working when computer leaves Hybernation mode and into the sleep mode. Even without that, the fact itself is annoying. Quite. Any links where this concern would be better addressed will be much appreciated. Thanks

rezog, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Yo_Wattup Win User

How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation)

sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation)

1. How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation) - Similar Threads - schedule computer sleep

2. Computer wont go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont go to sleep mode: My PC wont go into sleep mode, even if i actively press the go to sleep button. Using powercfg /requests commands i get the following message:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_103C8928&REV_1000\5&305977d9&0&0001 An audio stream...
  3. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  4. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  5. Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.: Event logs show it as user S-1-5-19, a non-named user account. Below is the event. This happens often. <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  6. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  7. Sleep/Hybernate failure

Sleep/Hybernate failure: Win10 Pro 64bit 10/18362 System has been running fine for many months nothing added/changed other that updates, to win/Office. Sleep/Hybernate stopped working this coincided with two win10 cumulative updates in Oct (9th) I had also enabled media sharing at about this time....
  8. Hybernate that turns to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybernate that turns to sleep: I've configured my laptop to hybernate when I push power button when it's on. So it does. But randomly it turns itself on and goes into sleep mode. I might be out whole day and I don't know for how long it was in the sleep mode (basically on). Why does it decide what to do?...
  9. Sleep/Hybernate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep/Hybernate: In my shutdown menu Is the options sleep and hibernate. Is there any meaningful difference between them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleephybernate/adc6d83b-73a4-4aae-98ed-3c307c688c56
  10. Hybernation mode

Hybernation mode: My Dell 23.8 all-in-one pc is in hybernation mode. Black screen only, no key board wakes or mouse. I changes batteries for both. Still not waking up at a loss? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hybernation-mode/510d0530-8413-483b-b180-1b3d0831847e