Windows 10: How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

Discus and support How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since Microsoft Doesn't provide us with auto dark and light theme. I'd show you how to schedule dark & light mode. It has to be done via Task Scheduler... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ice Cube Productions, Mar 21, 2021.

1. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

Since Microsoft Doesn't provide us with auto dark and light theme. I'd show you how to schedule dark & light mode. It has to be done via Task Scheduler only.

1. Open Start menu, then goto All Apps > Windows Administrative Tool > Computer Management
    2. Go to task scheduler section, then create a new folder named Windows System Scheme Theme, just for convenience.
    3. Right Click on Empty Area and Left click on "Create New task".
    4. Triggers tab: Time slots may vary, adjust the time you like, or maybe add another time slot.
    5. Actions Tab; Program/Script: %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
    6. Actions Tab: Arguments: New-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize -Name SystemUsesLightTheme -Value 0 -Type Dword -Force; New-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize -Name AppsUseLightTheme -Value 0/1 -Type Dword -Force; New-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize -Name ColorPrevalence -Value 0/1 -Type Dword -Force
    7. 0- off 1-on. Leave ColorPrevalence off while in light theme and instead use in dark theme. For Dark, use 0 in AppsUseLightTheme & SystemUsesLightTheme, and if want to add Accent color to taskbar, set ColorPrevalence to 1, otherwise for dark mode, keep to 0. For Light mode, Set AppsUseLightTheme & SystemUsesLightTheme to 1. Either create AppsUseLightTheme, SystemUsesLightTheme, and ColorPrevalence as different sets else create in 1 only, separated by ; semicolons. Tutorial below.
    8. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler? [​IMG]

:)

Ice Cube Productions, Mar 21, 2021
  2. neil.vaz Win User

Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler

What I'm trying to achieve is really quite simple.

I want to create 2 tasks:

1. When I turn on the night light, dark default app mode is enabled
    2. When I turn off the night light, light default app mode is enabled

I don't really have any experience with creating tasks in Task Scheduler so I'd appreciate some pretty in-depth help

Thanks How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler? :)

neil.vaz, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler

Creating a scheduled task is easy. What might be harder is to find a command that turns the dark mode on or off. If you can find it, e.g. with a Google search, pleaser post it here. You should also tell the forum how Windows knows when you turn on the night
    light.

Frederik Long, Mar 21, 2021
  4. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

1. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler? - Similar Threads - schedule dark light

2. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  3. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  4. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler: Hey r/windows10, I'm trying to use Task Scheduler, and struggling. I've looked around on the internet for solutions, but either my searches aren't worded right, or this isn't a common question, but essentially what I'm trying to do is make my computer shut down at 2am if I...
  5. Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler: What I'm trying to achieve is really quite simple. I want to create 2 tasks: When I turn on the night light, dark default app mode is enabled When I turn off the night light, light default app mode is enabled I don't really have any experience with creating tasks in...
  6. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  7. HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK: HELLO, I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK TO RUN AUTOMATICALLY AT A CERTAIN HOUR IN WINDOWS 10. THANKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-schedule-a-task/c6df2696-878b-4354-a0cf-fa2143a4f318
  8. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  9. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...