Windows 10: How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages

Discus and support How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I schedule the download time for Windows Update so that it only downloads during Off Peak data times, typically 01:00 to 07:00 with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dotzen, Jan 12, 2019.

1. dotzen Win User

How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages

How can I schedule the download time for Windows Update so that it only downloads during Off Peak data times, typically 01:00 to 07:00 with my satellite broadband provider

Please note that I am not asking to schedule the restart, only the downloading of the update packages.

This was easy in Windows 7 but I can not find the function in Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803

This problem is costing me money each month in data usage, far more than the cost of a new Windows 10 installation package (which would then need to be updated, so I'm a lose/lose situation)

:)

dotzen, Jan 12, 2019

2. Schedule windows store Downloads

Hi Sajad,

As per your query you would like to schedule a download of the game during time specified above.

You can not schedule a game download from Windows store during the time specified above.

As a work around you have to manually put the game on download during the night time you specified and stop the downloading within the time.

Also, please provide us a feedback with the above suggestion for better assistance.

Follow the below steps.

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 12, 2019
  3. How to schedule Windows Update Downloads.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per your query, I understand that you wish to set your Windows Update settings to such that you can download the updates as per your convenience.

In such a case, I would like to inform you that, it is not possible for you to schedule the download of updates. However, you can schedule the updates to install at a time which is of your convenience. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open the Start menu and type Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update.

• Click on Advanced options under Windows updates.

• Select the Notifies to scheduled restart form drop down menu under the Choose how update are installed.
    Note: You will be prompted to scheduled restart when to install the updates after the updates are downloaded.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 12, 2019
  4. D3LL Win User

Scheduling Downloads

Hi there,
    You could always get Windows to check at 3AM that way it would download once it's checked. To change the time Windows check for updates simply do the following...

1. Go to Action Center
    2. Look for the Automatic Maintenance section
    3. Put a check in the Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time check-box
    4. Optionally set the exact time (to the hour) when Windows should wake up and check

Thema:

1. How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages - Similar Threads - schedule download Update

2. schedule Download times for the Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    schedule Download times for the Microsoft store: Yes to be able to download from the microsoft store at certain times would be great!! like 2am to 7am when you are on like hughesnet satellite internet service they get really pissy when you go over your data limits and they cut you off!! for internet service for the rest...
  3. updates downloaded packages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates downloaded packages: Our systems do not connect to the internet. For me to patch my systems I must download patches. And then take them to our offline system. To do this I need to verify the hash from the file. Before I manually install it. When I attempt to verify using powershell it only...
  4. Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates

Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates: The other thread was locked so I thought I'd start a new one. Has any progress been made on the ability to schedule downloads of Windows updates during a certain time period? It can't be that hard, the feature used to be in Windows 7. Please note that I am NOT talking...
  5. Scheduling time for update downloads

Scheduling time for update downloads: I am on a metered satellite connection and wish to have all giant windows updates 1GByte size, etc. take place between 2AM and 8AM when my service offers me ten times more monthly download capacity than between 8AM and 2AM. I seem to remember that there was a download...
  6. schedule downloads for certain time

in Windows 10 Customization
    schedule downloads for certain time: I would like to schedule downloads for certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-downloads-for-certain-time/b8916165-a9dd-4c03-aaf9-60b0ab4e4e5d
  7. How to schedule Windows Update download times

How to schedule Windows Update download times: Hi guys, Due to where I live I have a broadband satellite internet connection which still have a peak and off-peak download quota. My issue is MS Windows Update downloads keep blowing out my peak download quota as the peak time is 7am to 2am. I would like to know if I can...
  8. How to schedule windows update download time?

How to schedule windows update download time?: Windows updates are chewing my data, i want to schedule them to download at night during off-peak period Windows 7 could do this why did it get removed in Windows 10?...
  9. Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?

Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?: The title pretty much says it all. I want Windows to download updates between 2 and 8 am. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-schedule-the-time-windows-downloads-updates/62f0a5e2-5378-410f-8e87-cec6c5bef7db
  10. Schedule Update Downloads

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Schedule Update Downloads: Update Downloads are killing my streaming TV performance. I can't use the metered network option as it will slow my TV streaming. How can I control when Update Downloads take place? 39302