Windows 10: How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

Discus and support How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows 10 File Explorer, is there an AND operator that will allow you to seach for documents with a specifc name and which contain a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DKGATL, Aug 3, 2022.

1. DKGATL Win User

How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

In Windows 10 File Explorer, is there an AND operator that will allow you to seach for documents with a specifc name and which contain a specific phrase?For instance, can I search for documents with name:"Operating Agreement" which also contain the phrase "termination for cause"?I understand how to do either of these searches separately. It is running them together i.e as an AND that I cannot figure out. This used to be easy to do with Windows XP. I don't know why that was ever changed.

:)

DKGATL, Aug 3, 2022

2. How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder

Dear DaveM121:

I love you and you have saved my life. Thank you a gigantic huge much.

Actually, to clarify for future readers of this thread, what I typed was:

Contents: "for goodness' sake"

The phrase has to be in quotes or the system won't look for the specific phrase. And, yes, now the system finds only the documents with the specific phrase.

Best regards,

cosmicwords, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Aug 3, 2022
  4. How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

In the Search bar in Explorer:

Code:
    [b]FolderName:Business Name:Assets[/b]

[url='https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/cde684ee-b2bb-4398-93c2-4ae8a5b3c7c1?upload=true']
    [ATTACH=full]181219[/ATTACH]
    [/url]
    Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

1. How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Seach Documents specific

2. Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer: Hi there, thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am trying to search for the phrase ">1000" in 1000's of word documents. If I search for >1000 or even just the > symbol in the file contents it brings up almost every document listed. Is this because the search...
  3. Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer: Hi there, thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am trying to search for the phrase ">1000" in 1000's of word documents. If I search for >1000 or even just the > symbol in the file contents it brings up almost every document listed. Is this because the search...
  4. How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

in Cortana
    How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer: In Windows 10 File Explorer, is there an AND operator that will allow you to seach for documents with a specifc name and which contain a specific phrase?For instance, can I search for documents with name:"Operating Agreement" which also contain the phrase "termination for...
  5. How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer: In Windows 10 File Explorer, is there an AND operator that will allow you to seach for documents with a specifc name and which contain a specific phrase?For instance, can I search for documents with name:"Operating Agreement" which also contain the phrase "termination for...
  6. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  7. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  8. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder

How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder: This used to work. By "used to," I mean it worked a couple of weeks ago. Now, when I'm in Windows and I click on the Documents folder and type something in the search box, using quotes, I no longer get a list of the documents containing the search terms but instead get a list...
  10. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer: I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer. eg: I wish to find a word containing the word "thank you" within my documents from file explorer. I have lots of document in that format on my PC. Anyone,...