Windows 10: How to search duplicate files in Windows 10

Discus and support How to search duplicate files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to find duplicate files from different folders in Windows 10. Is there any utility available in windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by T#Sen, Sep 18, 2020.

1. T#Sen Win User

How to search duplicate files in Windows 10

How to find duplicate files from different folders in Windows 10.

Is there any utility available in windows.

:)

T#Sen, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2020
  4. How to search duplicate files in Windows 10

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

How to search duplicate files in Windows 10

1. How to search duplicate files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - search duplicate files

2. Duplicate files in Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate files in Windows 10 !: Hi, this question must have been asked many times! How to find and remove duplicate files safely in Windows 10! Ideally a program that actually finds and removes these files automatically would be ideal, but is there one that someone would recommend? I have run the "search...
  3. Duplicate files in Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate files in Windows 10 !: Hi, this question must have been asked many times! How to find and remove duplicate files safely in Windows 10! Ideally a program that actually finds and removes these files automatically would be ideal, but is there one that someone would recommend? I have run the "search...
  4. Duplicate files in Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to list duplicate files in Windows 10?

How to list duplicate files in Windows 10?: Is there Microsoft 365 solution to list duplicate files in Window 10?They were created as workaround to older version of OneDrive Backup whenEmpty folders for OneDrive Backupcannot be skipped counted in maximum number of items allowed.Workaround was to RoboCopy mirror them...
  6. How to list duplicate files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to list duplicate files in Windows 10?: Is there Microsoft 365 solution to list duplicate files in Window 10?They were created as workaround to older version of OneDrive Backup whenEmpty folders for OneDrive Backupcannot be skipped counted in maximum number of items allowed.Workaround was to RoboCopy mirror them...
  7. How to list duplicate files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to search for and delete duplicate Word files with a script or macro

How to search for and delete duplicate Word files with a script or macro: I have many duplicate Word files recipes in various folders. Is it possible to write a script or macro to search for and delete duplicate files. If so can I shield specified folders. Thank you in advance for your help. Fred...
  9. Searching for duplicate text strings in File Explorer - Windows 10

Searching for duplicate text strings in File Explorer - Windows 10: I've several external data drives with many, many files and directories. Many files are duplicated and I would like to eliminate the duplicates. The syntax for the duplicates is, for example: "file name n.docx" where n is a number, usually 1, 2 or 3. Using the community...
  10. Windows 10 Duplicating Files

Windows 10 Duplicating Files: Hi, When trying to delete multiple files in explorer, they are duplicating themselves instead. How to make this stop, please? Thanks, Jennifer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-duplicating-files/828cd5f4-7b8d-435c-8be1-550fdf4a931b"