Windows 10: how to search file date wise in windows 10

Discus and support how to search file date wise in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In recent update windows 10, date wise search setting missing. can anyone know about new setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RajiPath, Jun 30, 2020.

1. RajiPath Win User

how to search file date wise in windows 10

In recent update windows 10, date wise search setting missing. can anyone know about new setting

:)

RajiPath, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. how to search file date wise in windows 10

Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

how to search file date wise in windows 10

1. how to search file date wise in windows 10 - Similar Threads - search file date

2. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  3. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  4. How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range: Since MS decides to just LOCK the original question/complaint, without ACTUALLY REPAIRING THE STUFF THEY BROKE...When will this be fixed back to the reasonable way, which does require memorizing stupid text commands and a PhD to simply find a file of a date or date range?Down...
  5. How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range: Since MS decides to just LOCK the original question/complaint, without ACTUALLY REPAIRING THE STUFF THEY BROKE...When will this be fixed back to the reasonable way, which does require memorizing stupid text commands and a PhD to simply find a file of a date or date range?Down...
  6. How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range

7. Searching for Files by Date

Searching for Files by Date: With Windows 7, searching by date or a range of "custom dates" was much easier. I am seriously confused why the programmers at Microsoft would remove or hide such a useful tool. I hope that this feature in some capacity will come back. Let me describe how this feature...
  8. File Explorer Search Date Limited

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search Date Limited: I have updated to Windows 10 Ver. 2004. Ever since the update the search feature of File Explorer is acting weird. I have a folder with folders and files dating back to 2007. When I do a search for Adobe PDF files (there are hundreds going back to 2007) I only get the PDF...
  9. How to search for files in Windows 10 by date range

How to search for files in Windows 10 by date range: Help, please... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-search-for-files-in-windows-10-by-date/74d4623c-6f47-4fe4-8b7b-9a34ed7bff50
  10. How I search a group of files by their created date?

How I search a group of files by their created date?: I cannot find search's option of "by created date", just only by "modified date". Could I search in advanced mode to choose exactly options by myself?...