Windows 10: How to search for cmd in Start

Discus and support How to search for cmd in Start in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to solve a security issue, and Microsoft have told me to Click Start and search for cmd. How do I do this/... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdrianCarmichael1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. How to search for cmd in Start

I'm trying to solve a security issue, and Microsoft have told me to Click Start and search for cmd. How do I do this/

:)

AdrianCarmichael1, Jan 15, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 15, 2020
  4. How to search for cmd in Start

Start Manu and Cartona Search not Working

Hi Shahbaz,

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if they help:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    • If EITHER command does not show a good outcome, we need to stop and repair Windows. You can perform a reset by following the steps suggested in this article:
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options
    • If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

How to search for cmd in Start

1. How to search for cmd in Start - Similar Threads - search cmd Start

2. Start cmd as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start cmd as admin: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. Currently, I have PowerShell as the default in Terminal. I need to run cmd as admin; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-cmd-as-admin/06ea4079-be8c-4e33-aa62-2f44257ffddb
  3. Start cmd as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start cmd as admin: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. Currently, I have PowerShell as the default in Terminal. I need to run cmd as admin; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-cmd-as-admin/06ea4079-be8c-4e33-aa62-2f44257ffddb
  4. Start cmd as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't start cmd & powershell as admin

Can't start cmd & powershell as admin: I can no longer start the cmd and powershell as administrator, even by right-clicking to start it as administrator. I tried to do a disk scan and nothing changed, I tried to contact the assistance and I also did the repair-update and also this time nothing changed. Thank you...
  6. Not able to start a hosted network in CMD

Not able to start a hosted network in CMD: I am using Windows 10 and I want to start a hosted network but I am getting this error:I searched on internet, there was a solution in which I had to enable HT mode in device manager but there is no such option available in my system....
  7. CMD pops up on start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD pops up on start-up: Hi all, I was just wondering why my cmd pops up on start up for a split second, then disappear immediately. I have tried to disable start-ups on my task manager and the cmd command sfc/scannow but the cmd still pops up when i boot my computer. Any help is appreciated, thanks!...
  8. Open Cmd on start screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd on start screen?: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to open the command prompt on the start screen? Got Windows 10. Thanks in advance. Cmd auf startbildschirm öffnen?
  9. How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search

How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search: Hey all! Forewarning, I don't know the technical name of this feature which has made it super hard to try and fix. Currently, when I search in the File Explorer it makes me press a little right-pointing arrow before it actually searches. I'm used to typing in the word and...
  10. Explorer and cmd not starting

Explorer and cmd not starting: Explorer.exe doesn't start automatically.. I need to ctrl-alt-canc and start it manually. Once loaded, I try to run cmd.exe and nothing happens.. What can I do? submitted by /u/Putrid-Farter [link] [comments]...