Windows 10: How to search for only Video files in File Explorer of Windows 11

Discus and support How to search for only Video files in File Explorer of Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]File Explorer is a tool in Windows OS that lets users manage files on their system. There is also a search feature in File Explorer using which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 13, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to search for only Video files in File Explorer of Windows 11

How to search for only Video files in File Explorer of Windows 11 search-for-only-videos-Windows-11.png
    File Explorer is a tool in Windows OS that lets users manage files on their system. There is also a search feature in File Explorer using which users can search for specific files in a particular directory. Like other regular users, you must have used the File Explorer search feature to search for some specific […]

This article How to search for only Video files in File Explorer of Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 13, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 13, 2021
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Search for Missing files in File Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are looking for a file named “Class” with the length of the file. However, currently File Explorer doesn’t have the option to search the files using the length.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to search for a file in File Explorer using the Size, Kind of file and other options.

1. Press and hold Windows key + E to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Press F3 key to open Search options.
    4. You can select the Size,
      Kind
      of file and other options and then, search for the file.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How to search for only Video files in File Explorer of Windows 11 - Similar Threads - search Video files

2. Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar: Hello,I want to search my entire PC for any hidden files that I may need to transfer from my old computer mainly due to how Minecraft Java Edition saves in AppData; which is hidden. Is it possible to only search for hidden files in the search bar? I have tried...
  3. Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar: Hello,I want to search my entire PC for any hidden files that I may need to transfer from my old computer mainly due to how Minecraft Java Edition saves in AppData; which is hidden. Is it possible to only search for hidden files in the search bar? I have tried...
  4. search file explorer in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  5. search file explorer in windows 11?

search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  6. Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!: Plz help: I need Win 11 File Explorer to search only by file/docs titles/names as it did in Win 10. I do NOT want other files to appear in search results which probably contain search words in their text.I used to search by typing only parts of needed words in the search,...
  7. Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!

Win 11 File Explorer search option - by name only!: Plz help: I need Win 11 File Explorer to search only by file/docs titles/names as it did in Win 10. I do NOT want other files to appear in search results which probably contain search words in their text.I used to search by typing only parts of needed words in the search,...
  8. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?: In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?For example, I want to find a file with the character string "fund", I type "fund" in the search box and I get thousands of documents that have "fund" somewhere in the text of the document....
  9. Search in Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search in Windows 11 file explorer: Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I...
  10. Search in Windows 11 file explorer

Search in Windows 11 file explorer: Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I...