Windows 10: how to search keywords inside a docx document??

Discus and support how to search keywords inside a docx document?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I mean. I have many many docx documents under a directory. I can remember there is one keywords in the lines of the document, but I don't know which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsw88, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Tsw88 Win User

how to search keywords inside a docx document??

I mean. I have many many docx documents under a directory. I can remember there is one keywords in the lines of the document, but I don't know which document it is. And the filename does not contain the keyword. How can I find out which document it is among many docx files

For example. I've got 100 files and their filenames are 1.docx 2.docx 3.docx ..... 100.docx

and I know in one of the files there are keywords "Happy", but I don't know which file it is, but I don't want to go over each file and search for it otherwise ti will be very painful

:)

Tsw88, Sep 13, 2017

2. Looking for specific file format on Windows 10

In the Search Bar in Explorer, type:

content:<keyword> file:*.docx

Good Luck,

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Searching for keywords

I am coming from Blackberry. I used keywords in my contact database extensively to find a contact by occupation or keywords. how can that be done on windows 8

TimThompson-700, Sep 13, 2017
  4. how to search keywords inside a docx document??

I don't use it, but I thought the standard Windows search capability would do that, if you had indexing turned on.

Have you tried it--or any other tool?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 13, 2017
  5. dafydd Win User
    dafydd, Sep 13, 2017
  6. That's a fabulous tool and the only search tool I use.

But it finds file names only. Not words within files----unless the newer versions have that capability.

Edit:

Hmm....maybe it will. The current help file says:

Content Searching

Warning: content searching is extremely slow.
    File content is not indexed.

So I don't know how well it works in practice for file contents--compared to the Windows tool.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Try3 Win User
    Tsw88,

• Open File explorer
    • Go to your C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents folder
    • If you know that all the relevant docx files are within, say, C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\AllMyStuff then go to that folder but otherwise just stay at C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents
    • In the upper-right of the File explorer window [inline with the folder address bar] you will see another box, an entry box, showing Search Documents {or whatever is the name of the folder you are in}.
    • Type your search term Happy in there. You do not need to use any special syntax, just enter the search term.
    • You will see the search starting to give returns even while you are still typing out Happy.
    • The search includes all subfolders.

Denis

8. Tsw88 Win User

unnecessary . windows itself done. thanks anyway.

Tsw88, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to search keywords inside a docx document?? - Similar Threads - search keywords inside

2. Windows 11 taskbar search not finding all the documents with names containing the same keyword.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar search not finding all the documents with names containing the same keyword.: In my case I am searching for documents with keyword “manual”. Windows taskbar search comes up with some documents but not all even though they are in the same folder. Expanding the search with Explorer does find many additional documents with the keyword highlighted in the...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar search not finding all the documents with names containing the same keyword.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar search not finding all the documents with names containing the same keyword.: In my case I am searching for documents with keyword “manual”. Windows taskbar search comes up with some documents but not all even though they are in the same folder. Expanding the search with Explorer does find many additional documents with the keyword highlighted in the...
  4. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  5. docx documents unreadable content

docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  6. How do I convert a .TXT document to a .DOCX document? Sent to me as an attachment to me in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I convert a .TXT document to a .DOCX document? Sent to me as an attachment to me in...: How do you convert from .TXT to .DOCX? PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-a-txt-document-to-a-docx-document/96a5a020-e126-40a6-9e22-443ba4b43b7c
  7. Keyword searches accross multiple microsoft apps

in Cortana
    Keyword searches accross multiple microsoft apps: Each app, Notes, Teams, Outlook, etc have individual search engines. Is there a way to search across multiple apps? For example, if i want to find a communication from someone, and I know who it came from & the subject matter, but can't recall if it was in Teams, or...
  8. Lost .docx document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost .docx document: My son is using office.com under teams to do school assignments as set up by the school. Tonight he was working on an ELA assignment. He thought he was saving it to submit. I remember a message asking him to sign back into Microsoft. The document is nowhere to be found. I...
  9. Why is file explorer not searching by keyword

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is file explorer not searching by keyword: Why is file explorer not searching by keyword https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-file-explorer-not-searching-by-keyword/99ac8768-ad65-4545-99ae-f610efa5c50f"
  10. DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly: Hi, my professor has Word 2016 and I have WPS Writer. I recently sent in a document that I made in WPS Writer and my teacher got it and displayed it in Word 2016. Anyway, the document is not displaying properly for her and as a result I lost some points. I recently got the...