Windows 10: How to search through file contenst in Win 10 1909

Discus and support How to search through file contenst in Win 10 1909 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Can we still search through file contents in an Explorer search. I'm looking for a certain text . I followed a site about it but it had all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ozstar, Apr 27, 2020.

1. ozstar Win User

How to search through file contenst in Win 10 1909

Hi,

Can we still search through file contents in an Explorer search. I'm looking for a certain text .

I followed a site about it but it had all changed since April 2019

Thanks

oz

:)

ozstar, Apr 27, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Apr 27, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 27, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to search through file contenst in Win 10 1909 - Similar Threads - search through file

2. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Hello, New to this, hopefully I did this correctly Question asked, but " This thread is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-working-in-windows-10/3c70ea75-79a8-4f3b-b10a-86be1f22931c As some/many have posted,...
  3. Win 10 Search failure after 1909 update

in Cortana
    Win 10 Search failure after 1909 update: The first problem I had with the Win10 1909 update was deemed by Microsoft support to be a problem with an incomplete update. Microsoft fixed that by reinstalling the update. Since then my search on file names fails. Search on file CONTENTS does not fail. Rebuilding the...
  4. Issues typing into File Explorer search and browsers Win 10 1909 18363.753

Issues typing into File Explorer search and browsers Win 10 1909 18363.753: Hello, I have a small enterprise of about 150 machines consisting of various hardware, all on Win 10 1909 Build 18363.753. Currently about 25 percent of my users all are assigned to individual machines are reporting problems typing into Windows File Explorer search bar and...
  5. Cannot search through .tpl files

Cannot search through .tpl files: Hello, I have some .tpl files on my hard drive. I would like to search through the contents of the .tpl files. I searched: Indexing Options > Advanced > File Types > Scrolled down to "tpl" and clicked on "Index Properties and File Contents". Windows indexed those type...
  6. How do you share files in Win 10, v 1909?

How do you share files in Win 10, v 1909?: Hello: I have cleanly installed Win 10, v 1909, and as with all other version of Windows, the question of how to set up files sharing comes up (bewildering). I think I have seen that there are no more Homegroup. Any more Workgroup (can't even remember what that is)? In any...
  7. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring". Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm...
  8. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...
  9. Win. 10, 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win. 10, 1909: hi, 1909 will come out like a monthly update. So, will users be required to restart after the update? Will the Microsoft website provide an ISO file download in case a reinstall is needed? Can we postpone the download of the update?...
  10. Searching for file types in WIN 10

in Cortana
    Searching for file types in WIN 10: Win XP had 'search for photos, images' or 'search documents' options in search dialogue. No such options in Win 10? how to search for a type of files in Win 10?...