Windows 10: how to search "x - y" in a text files?

Discus and support how to search "x - y" in a text files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tons of text files. and if I need to search the whole string like "x - y", it return files contains either x or y. I am not sure if issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bmountewar1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. how to search "x - y" in a text files?

I have tons of text files. and if I need to search the whole string like "x - y", it return files contains either x or y.
    I am not sure if issue is with dash or the space.

how can i do precise search to get the file containing x - y ?

submitted by /u/bmountewar1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bmountewar1, Feb 28, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

"The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

Hi, suggest you start by checking your disk e.g.
    HD Tune v2.55 free
    Health and Error scan tabs

- but many things can cause erratic failure.

A search might suggest more, but no guarantees as to the quality of the results..

how to search "x - y" in a text files? [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Matt_316 Win User
    Searching Within Files

I have tried searching within files in Windows 10 for a string. However, through testing, it seems that when the string being searched for does not have a space in front, it ignores it. E.g. if the text in the file is 'The quick brown fox' and I search
    for 'quick', it will list the file. But if the search string is 'ick', then the file will not be listed despite the text obviously being there. Any suggestions?

Matt

Matt_316, Feb 28, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

how to search "x - y" in a text files?

95Viper, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

how to search "x - y" in a text files?

1. how to search "x - y" in a text files? - Similar Threads - search text files

2. How to undo x button on search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo x button on search: I was looking at my search and accsedentally pressed x which is located on the right top side of the screen which shows todays highlights. How do I undo this?...
  3. How to undo x button on search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo x button on search: I was looking at my search and accsedentally pressed x which is located on the right top side of the screen which shows todays highlights. How do I undo this?...
  4. Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .: Meu mouse inverteu X e Y quanto a rasto o mouse para baixo a seta vai para cima, quando a rasto para cima vai para baixo a seta. Pros lados mesma coisa a rasto o mouse para a direta a seta vai pra esquerda a rasto para esquerda vai para direta já tentei de tudo e não resolve....
  5. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  6. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  7. Swap Mouse X-Y Axis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Swap Mouse X-Y Axis: I previously saw posts asking about how to swap the x-y axis on a mouse from 2020 and ran across this by github project which could help others looking to do that:https://github.com/krog78/MouseInverter...
  8. How to search for files that contain a text phrase?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to search for files that contain a text phrase?: how can I search for a file that contains a specified phrase, but may be in any directory or file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-search-for-files-that-contain-a-text-phrase/5044fb8d-6db8-4d94-8f0b-2d7d4dd3a556
  9. Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows: This is a WOW! WTF? -I just move my files from my 1PC with all my personal staff from Disk "O:/" to my 2PC D:/!Stuff/ that I have just Install a clean Windows 10 Pro version ... The disk to the 2PC was the "C:/" but I have put it out and plug it to my 1PC as disk D:/ via...
  10. In Win10, how to search for text WITHIN files on disk?

in Cortana
    In Win10, how to search for text WITHIN files on disk?: …as opposed to just file NAMES? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-how-to-search-for-text-within-files-on/59f64463-e751-4efd-bf33-b9d2fc471c15"