Windows 10: How to search

Discus and support How to search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you search the pc on windows 10. i don't see where i can look for my files on multi hard drives 83138 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wasi, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Wasi Win User

How to search

How do you search the pc on windows 10. i don't see where i can look for my files on multi hard drives

:)

2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Apr 28, 2017
  3. How How Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Apr 28, 2017
  4. jamis Win User

How to search

You can right click the Start Windows icon and the pop up window has a search item. The keyword search block is at the bottom of the second panel.

jamis, Apr 28, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    No it's not - well not in 1607 or 1703. It will appear if you click Start and begin to type something though. Or just use the Cortana/Search box next to Start.

Either way, it won't help for multi-drives, it only shows search results from indexed locations, so normally just the C: drive. One way to search on all drives is to open File Explorer at 'This PC' and use its 'Search this PC' box (to the right, near the top).

6. No such thing in start Bree?

Cortana or Search Windows is the best place to do so. Search in start menu (screenshot) is just a shortcut of Cortana. File Explorer may help for multiple drives, but accuracy is better with Cortana and much more faster.

MikeMecanic, Apr 28, 2017
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Instead of using Windows, you could use Everything Search Tool. This is a free search program with lots of great features . Lots of us on here use it. If you go to his site, choose his latest BETA release, its the best choice. Link below.
    voidtools

OldMike65, Apr 28, 2017
  8. EdTittel Win User

How to search

That's not Start, it's the Windowskey-X menu, but yes, a very good observation indeed. Like the previous poster, however, I also prefer Voidtools Everything myself. It's faster and seems more thorough for local storage items and elements.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 28, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    No, there isn't - not on the left-click Start menu, anyway. But if you open the Start menu with a left-click and start to type something it will switch to the Search, just as if you used the Cortana/Search box.

10. Barman58 Win User
    Easiest way I find is to open file explorer navigate to This PC and enter the search parameters in search box, and make a coffee, ( I do have 8TB of storage on this system plus a couple of network attached locations.*Wink )

I have added some, but not all areas to the search index so I will often get a warning that the search will take longer because of this.

Obviously I will change the starting position if I have a better idea of the location of the items I am looking for

Barman58, Apr 28, 2017
  11. jamis Win User
    If I right click the start window icon at the bottom left of the task bar, I get a pop up that has a search option fourth from the bottom. If I left click on the search entry, I'll get a secondary panel (Cortana) that has a keyword search block at the bottom. Guess I should have specified that on the first post.

jamis, Apr 28, 2017
  12. Wasi Win User
    Thanks, i went with everything search tool nice product indeed

13. OldMike65 Win User

How to search

You will Love its features too!!! Great Choice *Thumbs I keep mine on my taskbar.

OldMike65, Apr 28, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    That search box is actually part of the taskbar rather than the Start menu. If you have set Cortana to show as an icon on the taskbar (I suppose I should have specified that in my post *Smile ) then you won't see the search box on the Start menu, but it will appear as soon as you start typing something, or if you click the Cortana icon next to Start.

Thema:

How to search

1. How to search - Similar Threads - search

2. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  3. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  4. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  5. How to change the "No items match your search" text

How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  6. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  7. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  8. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...: Hello, when I try to search something on Google Chrome, it directs me to Yahoo automatically and weird links are visible in the searchbar like ''Laxsearch''. I tried to go into my extensions and see if the problems were there and yup, Laxsearch was there as an extension. When...
  9. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...: Hello, when I try to search something on Google Chrome, it directs me to Yahoo automatically and weird links are visible in the searchbar like ''Laxsearch''. I tried to go into my extensions and see if the problems were there and yup, Laxsearch was there as an extension. When...
  10. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security