Windows 10: how to secure passwords

Discus and support how to secure passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ok can anyone tell me just how to secure passwords on a pc? it is just to easy to say you forgot you password and then the site sends you a code to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bobpalmer1, Jan 11, 2021.

1. how to secure passwords

ok can anyone tell me just how to secure passwords on a pc? it is just to easy to say you forgot you password and then the site sends you a code to what ever email you enter into the field and then they send that code to that email and you copy and paste it into the field and they now let you create another password. now if i was to have anyone's pc i can change that password to anything i want so now i have there passwords to get into there data. this is just to easy a kid can do it.

so i have had people tell me to encrypt my hard drive, but i have now installed an ssd drive and they say those are encrypted by default. then with some research i find they are not that good if at all, but windows may not encrypt the ssd drive.

so how do you encrypt the ssd drive and if i do will that prevent anyone from just saying hey i forgot my password and then just go thru the above steps to get a new password?

if so what's the point? i tried to get a 2fa 2 step verification from my bank website and i can't find that procedure on there site. yahll does it gmail does it. but my bank is a bit harder to do. anyway will encrypting the drive actually do anything? it seems if someone actually gets onto you pc they can still do the same thing i just said and get your data?

so the best way i think is to get 2 step set up. and not worry about encrypting any drives.

thanks bp.

:)

bobpalmer1, Jan 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Thassodar Win User
    Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

This is a good read about passwords:

The Usability of Passwords

He was criticized for it by some big names in computer tech and responded to it:

Usable Security - Reply to

He seems like he's pretty knowledgeable about passwords and stuff, I suggest giving it a try.

Thassodar, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

how to secure passwords

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

how to secure passwords

1. how to secure passwords - Similar Threads - secure passwords

2. Windows Security will not allow access to my passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security will not allow access to my passwords?: Windows Security will not allow access to my passwords, on Edge or Chrome , nor will it allow me to to turn it off in Chrome. When logging onto windows the windows security works fine, it only seems to be an issue when trying to access any of the passwords on both internet...
  3. Windows Security will not allow access to my passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security will not allow access to my passwords?: Windows Security will not allow access to my passwords, on Edge or Chrome , nor will it allow me to to turn it off in Chrome. When logging onto windows the windows security works fine, it only seems to be an issue when trying to access any of the passwords on both internet...
  4. Windows Security will not allow access to my passwords?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  6. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  7. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  8. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  9. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. From Windows 10 - when adding a hotmail profile, Windows Security keeps on asking for password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From Windows 10 - when adding a hotmail profile, Windows Security keeps on asking for password.: From Windows 10 - when adding a hotmail profile, Windows Security keeps on asking for password. But this does not happen on another laptop that runs Windows 10 also.This has been a problem for the last 3 days, Please advise resolution, If any...