Windows 10: How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list

Discus and support How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I've recently done a clean install of Windows (Windows 10 Pro) and I noticed something that bothers me. In the taskbar, when I hover over an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by USS Enterprise, Nov 23, 2020.

1. How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list

Hello. I've recently done a clean install of Windows (Windows 10 Pro) and I noticed something that bothers me. In the taskbar, when I hover over an app I see the preview window (if there's just 1 window for that app) but when the app has more windows they show as a list (there's no preview).

How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list [​IMG]

How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list [​IMG]

I was wondering how to fix that?

Thanks

:)

USS Enterprise, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list

1. How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list - Similar Threads - app taskbar instead

2. Taskbar showing windows instead of list on one external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar showing windows instead of list on one external display: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I have unselected "Share any window from my taskbar" so that when I have multiple items open in any application, they appear in list form instead of window form when I hover over the application on my taskbar for example, if I have 3 Word...
  3. Taskbar showing windows instead of list on one external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar showing windows instead of list on one external display: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I have unselected "Share any window from my taskbar" so that when I have multiple items open in any application, they appear in list form instead of window form when I hover over the application on my taskbar for example, if I have 3 Word...
  4. How Can I Scroll Through/See All The Stacked Taskbar Apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Scroll Through/See All The Stacked Taskbar Apps?: Now that the Taskbar is no longer resizable in Windows 11, when it becomes full of pinned/running apps, stacking occurs on the rightmost app.Is using Task View the only way to see all those stacked apps?Thanks!...
  5. How Can I Scroll Through/See All The Stacked Taskbar Apps?

How Can I Scroll Through/See All The Stacked Taskbar Apps?: Now that the Taskbar is no longer resizable in Windows 11, when it becomes full of pinned/running apps, stacking occurs on the rightmost app.Is using Task View the only way to see all those stacked apps?Thanks!...
  6. anyone else seeing blank spaces on the taskbar instead of PWA apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone else seeing blank spaces on the taskbar instead of PWA apps: [IMG] submitted by /u/amritcrome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmd0jb/anyone_else_seeing_blank_spaces_on_the_taskbar/
  7. All Apps not listing all apps

All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  8. All Apps not listing all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  9. All Apps Listing

All Apps Listing: I am trying to find out how come I don't see all of my apps in Windows 10. While there is an alphabetic list of them, some of the letters are missing. For example, instead of A B C D, it's A C E G and so on. This only occurred after having to do a factory reset on my...
  10. How to see the Battery Pacentage all the time on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to see the Battery Pacentage all the time on the Taskbar: Split from this thread. I can see the battery icon but I have to click on it to see the percentage. Is there a way to show the percentage instead of (or along with)the battery icon on the task bar at all times?...