Windows 10: How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane

Discus and support How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I would like to be able to use the details pane on File explorer, so that I can click a folder and see the contents of whats in it on the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leco94, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Leco94 Win User

How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane

Hello,I would like to be able to use the details pane on File explorer, so that I can click a folder and see the contents of whats in it on the right pane?Currently if I click on a folder that has a a few PDFs in it, the details pane just shows a picture of some papers in the folder if and not the specific files listed.Is this possible to have the files listed in the details pane?Thank you,Char

:)

Leco94, Jul 9, 2021

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 9, 2021
  4. How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane

Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane

1. How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane - Similar Threads - contents Folder using

2. how do I display folder contents in the right pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I display folder contents in the right pane?: how do I display folder contents in the right pane? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-display-folder-contents-in-the-right-pane/03353e98-c1b4-47bb-9c87-3f06d6c93126
  3. How to use details and preview panes at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use details and preview panes at the same time?: In a folder containing pictures in Windows 7, the details pane was at the bottom of the screen and the preview pane would come up on the right side, but now in Windows 10 it seems only one can be used at a time as they occupy the same space. Is there any way to change this so...
  4. Customize music folder details pane

Customize music folder details pane: Hello, I've tried to search for ways to customize the info displayed in the Details Pane.This forum and this list they link to seems to do the trick, but the problem is: I don't want to remove anything Windows displays by default, I only want to add one more bit of info...
  5. How to move "details pane" to bottom of window

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move "details pane" to bottom of window: Dear Microsoft Could you please post a patch for "Detail Pane" which appears on right side of Windows 10 folders. We want it to be at the bottom of the folder as in windows 7...
  6. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  7. Unable to see Folder details in OneDrive using Chrome

Unable to see Folder details in OneDrive using Chrome: How do I determine how much information I have stored in a folder and its sub folders? I have windows 365 and offline storage in OneDrive. I am accessing Onedrive through the 'view online' option through the web. I want to work out how much space I am using for photos,...
  8. How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10

How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My question...
  9. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119