Windows 10: how to see date/time on Win10 login screen?

Discus and support how to see date/time on Win10 login screen? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; There are tons of tutorials to show the date/time on the lock screen. I have that. When I bump my desk the mouse moves, and Win10 goes to the login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by grice811, Jan 10, 2021.

1. grice811 Win User

how to see date/time on Win10 login screen?

There are tons of tutorials to show the date/time on the lock screen. I have that. When I bump my desk the mouse moves, and Win10 goes to the login screen, and hides the date/time. I just want to see the date/time either way-- lock screen and login screen. Don't make me buy a clock!!

:)

grice811, Jan 10, 2021

2. login to account date/time

Did you use the reg file in method one, or group policy in method two? To keep this simply, let's focus on the EightForums tutorial - Win8 is more closely related to Win10.

It would help to see the gp window like the one displayed in the tut.

how to see date/time on Win10 login screen? [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jan 10, 2021
  4. pupton7x Win User

No login prompt

Hi

My newly rebuilt Win10 PC was running normally until installing the .Net sp2.

Now it gets to the login screen, with the date and time in the bottom left corner, but doesn't offer the login box. The time and date slid upwards leaving a pretty picture of the Tuscan countryside, then the time and date return.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Paul

pupton7x, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. how to see date/time on Win10 login screen? - Similar Threads - date Win10 login

2. Is it possible to have the date and time on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to have the date and time on the login screen.: Hi Everyone,Is it possible to be able to have the date and time added to the login/sign in screen as i want to disable the lockscreen but want users to still be able to see the time....
  3. Is it possible to have the date and time on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to have the date and time on the login screen.: Hi Everyone,Is it possible to be able to have the date and time added to the login/sign in screen as i want to disable the lockscreen but want users to still be able to see the time....
  4. Is it possible to have the date and time on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. no background for date / time screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no background for date / time screen: The option to turn backgrounds off for lock screen with 'Personalization' in 'Settings' only turns this off for the password screen and not the one with the date /time that slides up before with a key or mouse press. How can one also disable the background image for the date...
  6. no background for date / time screen

no background for date / time screen: The option to turn backgrounds off for lock screen with 'Personalization' in 'Settings' only turns this off for the password screen and not the one with the date /time that slides up before with a key or mouse press. How can one also disable the background image for the date...
  7. Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen: Some time in Windows 10 the date/time started appearing on the lock screen, and I queried this. Now in Windows 11, despite unchecking the tips and stuff on lock screen option, the ugly date/time appears. I really, really, really HATE this. MS chat support just pointed e to...
  8. Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen

Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen: Some time in Windows 10 the date/time started appearing on the lock screen, and I queried this. Now in Windows 11, despite unchecking the tips and stuff on lock screen option, the ugly date/time appears. I really, really, really HATE this. MS chat support just pointed e to...
  9. Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?: My Win10 PC will turn off the display if I boot the PC and let it idle on the Login Screen for a minute or two. How can I change that time? I want the display to remain active while sitting on the Login Screen. I've checked all the usual Power Management and local policies...
  10. login to account date/time

in Windows 10 Customization
    login to account date/time: Just as the title states; how do i enable the login date/time that also shows how may interactive successful logons and now many unsuccessful logons to my account like I had under windows 7? There must be a way to do it in 10 as well so if someone can point me in the right...