Windows 10: How to see folder file size in Explorer

Discus and support How to see folder file size in Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I somewhat recently switched over from Mac to Windows. One thing I still can't figure out is how to see the file size of a folder in the Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NaveenM94, Nov 12, 2020.

1. How to see folder file size in Explorer

I somewhat recently switched over from Mac to Windows. One thing I still can't figure out is how to see the file size of a folder in the Explorer window.

When I open a window, I see the following tabs: "Name", "Date Modified", "Type", and "Size". For files, "Size" is populated. But for folders it is not, it's just blank.

In Mac OS there was an option where you could say "calculate folder size" or something to that effect. I can't seem to find anything similar even after multiple Google searches.

Is this possible?

submitted by /u/NaveenM94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NaveenM94, Nov 12, 2020

2. How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Hi Zeljko,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in File Explorer settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to steps to find the size of the folder containing data in it.

1. Right click on File Explorer where
    Folder
    are present.

2. Then right click on the File Explorer and
    View
    menu.

3. Click on either Content or Details.

4. Check if Size is getting displayed or not.

Please get back to us with an update on finding the folder size, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

How to see folder file size in Explorer

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

How to see folder file size in Explorer

1. How to see folder file size in Explorer - Similar Threads - folder file size

2. How can I see folders/files shared with me in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see folders/files shared with me in file explorer?: I have shared my top-level OneDrive folder with a second account on my computer. Both are administrator accounts. What is the complete process for doing this, as I think I may have missed a step? Thanks tkarno...
  3. How can I see folders/files shared with me in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I see folders/files shared with me in file explorer?: I have shared my top-level OneDrive folder with a second account on my computer. Both are administrator accounts. What is the complete process for doing this, as I think I may have missed a step? Thanks tkarno...
  4. not able to see folder size in size column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not able to see folder size in size column: size column does not show the size of the folder. is there a way? Please fix it if someone from Microsoft reading this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-see-folder-size-in-size-column/2cfbde76-3e20-4e80-bd8d-e89f3a863988
  5. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  6. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  7. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  8. How to display files size with File Explorer?

in Cortana
    How to display files size with File Explorer?: Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-files-size-with-file-explorer/73380b2a-b28d-49f8-8816-eb95e2e73a14"
  9. Font size in files and folders explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Font size in files and folders explorer: Hello, How can I resize the text in windows explorer - files and folders, the fonts are so small I can hardly see them with my eyeglasses. Please help. Thanks And thanks for all previous answers 48919
  10. Can't see folder size in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see folder size in Explorer: Hi, Can someone please help? I can't see the size of each folder in Windows explorer. If I open the folder, I can see the size of the individual files, but not the size of the folder. [img] 20782