Windows 10: How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?

Discus and support How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Before Windows update and as all the guides online show, it was possible to select to see 'Full history' to show ALL quarantined files, however... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MintoBinto, Jan 19, 2020.

1. How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?

Hello

Before Windows update and as all the guides online show, it was possible to select to see 'Full history' to show ALL quarantined files, however now it's only possible to see 'recent items', and after a certain time older quarantined files drop off that list. I cannot for the life of me find how to view ALL quarantined files now?!

Anyone know how this is possible please?

Thank you

:)

MintoBinto, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Hi,

As per the description of the issue, you would like to know how to restore files that has been quarantined by Windows Defender. For us to assist you, here's a simple guide on how to see where the quarantined files are located:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Place a check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable
      Allow item
    • Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Click on view details.
    • In the description, it will show you the file path where it is located.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Nothing has changed. We still have erroneous status reports in the Full history page just like we did in the All detected items page in the classic Defender interface. If a threat doesn't appear in the Quarantined threats list on the Scan history page, then
    it wasn't actually quarantined.

So we need to correct the documentation here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/help/antimalware-faq

On Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 version 1703 and later:

• Use the Windows search box to find and open the Windows Defender Security Center
    • Navigate to the Virus & threat protection > Scan history.
    • Under Quarantined threats, select See full history

On earlier versions of Windows:

• Open Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender.
    • Click the History tab.
    • Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    Once you have reviewed the quarantined items you can:

• Select Remove all to delete all quarantined software.
    • Select individual files, and then click Remove or Restore.
    • Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items? bfcc581a-7534-4ea7-ac13-eda99e9658d1.png

GreginMich, Jan 19, 2020
  4. How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?

Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

When it was detected and in quarantined items, I deleted it as suggested. Once I deleted it from there, it disappeared from the history in both quarantined and allowed threats. I since downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it. MB detected 600 instances of (x86)PackageTracer_69\...,
    quarantined them and removed them.

LillianParmertor, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?

1. How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items? - Similar Threads - FULL history quarantine

2. How to delete recent items from Protection History?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete recent items from Protection History?: I saw a question and tried to answer it, but the thread is locked. I had the same question as I recently had 3 files blocked from saving to OneDrive folder locations this week after WIN11 update.Here is the answer I...
  3. Is there a way for me to recover old quarantined items on Protection History?

Is there a way for me to recover old quarantined items on Protection History?: In Virus settings, this is the farthest back I can go to recover quarantined threats; 2022-03-03. Like it says in Protection History, it only lists the recent items. Is there a way I can go back and find all/older versions of my quarantined threats?...
  4. How to see a full recent browsing history / recently closed tabs - and not just the last 30...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to see a full recent browsing history / recently closed tabs - and not just the last 30...: This morning I had two windows open of Edge, one with over a hundred tabs open, and another one with just one tab. Unfortunately, I closed the windows with many tabs open first, and then the one with just one. In my attempt in trying to reopen the tabs or at least see my...
  5. quarantined items

quarantined items: How do I delete quarantined items. Windows Defender does not list them or offer a way to remove them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quarantined-items/d8fd7a87-e19d-41fc-bf67-2435b0e7d6b8
  6. Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item: I use the Windows 10 Clipboard History Win + V feature often. Recently, it stopped working correctly. It now doesn't matter which item I select from the list, it will only paste the most recent value. In this screenshot, I can select any item either via the keyboard or...
  7. How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?

How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?: Hello Before Windows update and as all the guides online show, it was possible to select to see 'Full history' to show ALL quarantined files, however now it's only possible to see 'recent items', and after a certain time older quarantined files drop off that list. I cannot...
  8. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  9. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  10. How to delete quarantined items

How to delete quarantined items: So when I go to the quarantined items and I check the history, I there's only a details and allow button, there's no remove button, please help! I don't want to be affected with viruses!...