Windows 10: How to see other computers on my network

Discus and support How to see other computers on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop with windows 10 and I want to see 2 other computers in my network one is a laptop and one is a desktop both are running windows XP.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarryCooper1, Oct 31, 2018.

1. How to see other computers on my network

I have a desktop with windows 10 and I want to see 2 other computers in my network one is a laptop and one is a desktop both are running windows XP.

:)

LarryCooper1, Oct 31, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

How to see other computers on my network

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

How to see other computers on my network

1. How to see other computers on my network - Similar Threads - computers network

2. Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?: I have a network set up in a small business setting. I recently installed a new computer running windows 11 as a hub for all of the shared information my employees need to access. The computers accessing that computer are a mix between windows 10 and 11, and all but one are...
  3. Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my network access not working on only some of my computers?: I have a network set up in a small business setting. I recently installed a new computer running windows 11 as a hub for all of the shared information my employees need to access. The computers accessing that computer are a mix between windows 10 and 11, and all but one are...
  4. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  5. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  6. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  7. Computer will not show available networks

Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  8. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. problems with networking my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with networking my computers: I'm having an issue with one of the computers in my local network. On my desktop, I can see my laptop in File Explorer, but get a Windows cannot access this computer when I click on it. On the laptop, I am able to see and access my desktop folders. I did notice that on the...
  10. problems with networking my computers

problems with networking my computers: I'm having an issue with one of the computers in my local network. On my desktop, I can see my laptop in File Explorer, but get a Windows cannot access this computer when I click on it. On the laptop, I am able to see and access my desktop folders. I did notice that on the...