Windows 10: How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin?

Discus and support How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So when I run task manager it brings UAC Window and I have to enter admin credentials to open task manager, however, it will not show anything under... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jackin, Jan 9, 2019.

1. jackin Win User

How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin?

So when I run task manager it brings UAC Window and I have to enter admin credentials to open task manager, however, it will not show anything under "startup" tab. See pic below:

How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin? 99ac2a39-b2b1-4914-889d-c46081bca255?upload=true.jpg

Is there a way to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin?

:)

jackin, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Credentials for Task Manager

Thanks for the info ...

If this is the case why it only effecting 1 machine not all of them?

It also doesn't require the Admin username and password the standard user details work.

Marc@Glanvilles, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin?

Credentials for Task Manager

Marc,

The users that can open Task manager without any Admin prompt are signed in to standard user accounts.

• If this is not the case and they are using Windows 10 then the behaviour is not as intended.
    • I have not noticed any previous reports in the forum of this happening but if you are getting abnormal behaviour you could try searching the forum for
      Task manager opens without Admin prompt or similar.
    • Searching this forum is a pain in the neck these days, it has been severely crippled by a series of poor design & control decisions. Personally, I always search
      www.TenForums.com first.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm sorry. I can see that I seemed to have gone stupid halfway through typing my first reply. I've corrected it now.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Sorry to have confused matters.

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin? - Similar Threads - startup items related

2. Run an app WITH FULL ADMIN rights on windows startup FOR A Standard User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run an app WITH FULL ADMIN rights on windows startup FOR A Standard User: Hi Dear Community/Microsoft Support,I have two accounts on my windows right now:Account-1: Admin A full privileged adminAccount-2: Ahsan Standard user Non-adminWhat I want is to run following three applications WITH FULL ADMIN RIGHTS for Account-2 as soon as the windows...
  3. Run an app WITH FULL ADMIN rights on windows startup FOR A Standard User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run an app WITH FULL ADMIN rights on windows startup FOR A Standard User: Hi Dear Community/Microsoft Support,I have two accounts on my windows right now:Account-1: Admin A full privileged adminAccount-2: Ahsan Standard user Non-adminWhat I want is to run following three applications WITH FULL ADMIN RIGHTS for Account-2 as soon as the windows...
  4. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  5. Task Manager doesn't list all startup items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager doesn't list all startup items: i messed up big time backing appdata folder and using it with a clean install i did couple of months ago, i had the issue of no startup item showing in task manager and now only 3 of them shows, idk why not msi afterburner or bandicam or any new app i install. I once upgraded...
  6. Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User: I have both an administrator and standard account on my laptop. I use the standard account for every general task and do not use the administrator account unless absolutely needed. There are two pieces of software I want to run at startup every time either my standard account...
  7. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  8. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  9. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup: Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg But on windows 10 there's no a such path. ( I don't want to...
  10. How to schedule a task as Standard User?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to schedule a task as Standard User?: I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing so that it starts when I log on. However when creating a task, I get a message saying the user doesn't have permission. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control standard user account startup items