Windows 10: How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?

Discus and support How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Build 1903 18362.1016 I have an HP laserjet wired into a computer on the Lan here by usb wire. It is a pretty old office type - a 3015. I'd like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Sep 10, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?

Build 1903 18362.1016

I have an HP laserjet wired into a computer on the Lan here by usb wire.

It is a pretty old office type - a 3015.

I'd like to access that printer from another computer on the Lan.

Went to HP for help but didn't get any yet. Tried a few googled sites but haven't been able to crack it yet.

Any clues on what I could do about this?

:)

abrogard, Sep 10, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Looking for a new Printer

i cant help since my printer knowledge is limited, but listing the features you need would help a lot.

USB? wifi? LAN?

Colour/Black only?

does all in one include scanner/copier?

Mussels, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN? - Similar Threads - Printer Across LAN

2. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  3. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?: Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN. But it has always been shared across the lan and usable from anywhere. MS kindly updated the printer machine and now it cannot be seen across the lan. I try to get it...
  4. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?: Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN. But it has always been shared across the lan and usable from anywhere. MS kindly updated the printer machine and now it cannot be seen across the lan. I try to get it...
  5. How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?

How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?: I have shared my e: drive okay but when I tried to set 'pictures' to shared it didn't work. The folder doesn't show up. Would it be because I didn't select any specific users? I didn't do that with the e: drive either and it didn't matter. And while I"m here I might ask...
  6. printer on wireless lan

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  7. How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?

How To See/Use A Printer Across the LAN?: Build 1903 18362.1016 I have an HP laserjet wired into a computer on the Lan here by usb wire. It is a pretty old office type - a 3015. I'd like to access that printer from another computer on the Lan. Went to HP for help but didn't get any yet. Tried a few googled sites...
  8. Printer setup on LAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer setup on LAN: Setting up Canon MX492 on my LAN. Follow the menu and printer says 'connected'. Then display goes back to wireless LAN setup and I cannot find a way to get out of setup mode. Only buttons that work are OK and arrows. Stop does not do it. How does one return to 'Copy OK 01'?...
  9. Not seeing other comps on LAN

Not seeing other comps on LAN: I've set up a new comp on home network and would like to share files. It can see one other (of 3) and all of them can see it. How can I get the others added under Network? Is it beacuse it can't see them, or because they're not letting themselves be seen ? Thanks for any...
  10. LAN connected (not shared) printer does not see Windows 10 desktop

LAN connected (not shared) printer does not see Windows 10 desktop: Hi - I'm finally giving up and asking for help. My networking knowledge consists of some networking for end users and basic business networks. Computer: HP desktop, (LAN) Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection, (WiFi) Qualcomm Atheros 802.11 a/b/g/n Dualband Wireless...