Windows 10: How to see what application is creating sounds/notifications on my machine

Discus and support How to see what application is creating sounds/notifications on my machine in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer has started making a few small sounds on a fairly regular basis and they seem to be the sounds that occur when an app updates. Are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeoffWhiting, Jun 28, 2019.

1. How to see what application is creating sounds/notifications on my machine

My computer has started making a few small sounds on a fairly regular basis and they seem to be the sounds that occur when an app updates. Are there any settings I can use to determine what might be making these sounds? Or anything that would show me the most recent applications or files that have made changes, even in the background?

The notification bar never has anything except for a notice that "Focus assist" will pause notifications when I do something in full screen.

I'm using a Windows 10 64-bit machine and happy to provide any other details.

Thank you very much for any help!

:)

GeoffWhiting, Jun 28, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Notification sounds are missing!!!!

Hello Nyan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?

However, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step:

1. Go to “Control panel”.
    2. Select ‘Sound’.
    3. Under sounds tab select ‘Program event’.
    4. Under program event, select ‘Notification’.
    5. Make sure you select ‘Notification’ sound for startup application and system notification.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jun 28, 2019
  4. How to see what application is creating sounds/notifications on my machine

notification sound

Hi,

Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, input sound and select Sound from the results to open Sound settings

Step 2: In the Sound dialog, open Sounds and choose Notification in the program events.

Step 3: Tap the Sounds bar, select (None) in the list and click OK.

'

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-sound-n...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-notific...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

How to see what application is creating sounds/notifications on my machine

1. How to see what application is creating sounds/notifications on my machine - Similar Threads - application creating sounds

2. How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?: I want to see the files an application is using to read/write data or files that the application uses to run, sorry I couldn't have worded it better...
  3. How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?: I want to see the files an application is using to read/write data or files that the application uses to run, sorry I couldn't have worded it better...
  4. How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't see any applications under notifications & actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see any applications under notifications & actions: As you can see at the bottom of the screenshot attached, I can't see any apps that are installed plenty are. I'm trying to enable notifications for an app but I can't.I am on the latest build of windows....
  6. Can't see any applications under notifications & actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see any applications under notifications & actions: As you can see at the bottom of the screenshot attached, I can't see any apps that are installed plenty are. I'm trying to enable notifications for an app but I can't.I am on the latest build of windows....
  7. Can't see any applications under notifications & actions

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Creating a VPN into my Windows machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a VPN into my Windows machine: I’d like to be able to RDP in from the internet but I know exposing RDP to the internet is a really bad idea. That’s why I’d like to use a VPN; how can I create a VPN into my Windows machine that isn’t a PPTP VPN (the devices I’d like to connect with don’t support PPTP)?...
  9. How to see what I've done in a application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to see what I've done in a application: Hi, I want to know if there is a way to see what I've done in a application by my Microsoft account or Windows. For example, I am using the Google Chrome, how to see what I've done in Google Chrome, if I delete the historic? Is there a way to see by something in Windows or...
  10. NO NOTIFICATION SOUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO NOTIFICATION SOUND: AS I BOUGHT HP LAPTOP 7 MONTHS AGO IT CAME WITH WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED.AT THE INITIAL STAGE OF USING IT THE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS SUCH AS EMAIL, EXTERNAL DEVICE INSERT SOUNDS EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD BUT NOW NO NOTIFICATION SOUND IS COMING FROM MY LAPTOP. BUT MY SPEAKER...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to see what application is creating sounds/notifications on my machine