Windows 10: How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?

Discus and support How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is windows 10 creating protocolls about this one? Is there any way for me to see when an USB stick got stuck into my PC / got removed? I need help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PaddyXXYY, Dec 23, 2019.

1. How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?

Is windows 10 creating protocolls about this one? Is there any way for me to see when an USB stick got stuck into my PC / got removed? I need help because I highly suspect someone stole the data that was on my USB stick. I cant confront the person unless I have evidence he stole them.

submitted by /u/PaddyXXYY
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PaddyXXYY, Dec 23, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Rocky230v Win User
    Lumia 1020 not recognized by PC when plugged into USB

I have tried the troubleshooting steps listed above, i dont understand why is it so difficult to connect freaking Microsoft phone.... still having same connectivity issue Lumia 1020 not recognized by PC when plugged into USB

Rocky230v, Dec 23, 2019
  4. lewy90725 Win User

How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?

Chkdsk shows errors after formatting the usb stick

In order to reproduce the problem, I am doing the following steps:

• I put a text file with a single line of text on the usb file.
    • I plug in a USB stick to a PC and in the explorer window I go to the usb stick drive.
    • I double-click on the text file and open it in notepad.
    • I close the notepad.
    • I the explorer I go to the one level up and I click the right button on the USB drive and choose the properties->format.
    • I formatted the disk with default proposed parameters (FAT32).

The disk is empty after formatting. At the command line prompt window, I type the chkdsk and the letter of the USB drive and I am receiving information that errors have been found (Convert lost chains to files (y/n)?).

I checked it with various usb sticks and different systems (Windows 7, 8, 10) and I got the same results.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lewy90725, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?

1. How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC? - Similar Threads - USB sticks got

2. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  3. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  4. How do I get my PC to see the Sandisk USB plugged into its port?

How do I get my PC to see the Sandisk USB plugged into its port?: How do I get my PC to see the Sandisk USB plugged into its port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-pc-to-see-the-sandisk-usb-plugged/897c910d-7cec-497c-827a-cb93ed4f2be0
  5. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore: Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick , I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it Now i cant see it at all disk manager sees it and so does Mini Tool I can see the files on my chromebook? its formatted as Fat32 Any thoughts Running W10 v1909 167115
  6. My files in USB stick got corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files in USB stick got corrupted: While browsing files on my USB stick (where I worked all my projects off here), I noticed that some files were corrupted, like the ones made from March 1, 2019 to March 15, 2019. The reason is likely because I didn't safely eject the USB stick. I moved the files that are...
  7. plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...: hi, It happened before that when I plugged in my USB drive to my laptop, I got a message from Windows Defender that there is a virus but blocked it or put under quarantine. I had it taken care of. I think it is something like autorun... I reformatted my USB drive and put all...
  8. Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick

Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick: I've been backing up my data to a USB stick for some time. In order to have the process go faster I found articles on the web on how to do so,. One said to change the device properties form 'Quick Removal' to 'Best Performance.' When I do that WIndows locks up.. I see...
  9. Windows 10 fails to Start When USB Stick is Plugged In

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 fails to Start When USB Stick is Plugged In: I backup data to my USB. When I forget to remove it and restarting in the morning. the boot gets to the blue Windows logo and stops. No progress indicator... nothing. After removing the stick and then pressing and holding the power button the system starts fine. I was...
  10. Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?: Hello, Last question for the night; I promise. Pretty basic one: How do I see, and access, a USB Stick, or an external HD that I plugged in ? Thanks, Bob 30276