Windows 10: How to See Windows Reset Screen Through Broken Display

Discus and support How to See Windows Reset Screen Through Broken Display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I’m trying to Reset Windows and wipe all files. However, my laptop’s screen is obliterated so much that you can’t read anything on it. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BTheEPIC, Nov 26, 2020.

1. How to See Windows Reset Screen Through Broken Display

Today I’m trying to Reset Windows and wipe all files. However, my laptop’s screen is obliterated so much that you can’t read anything on it. However, I’m at the point where it’s in a Windows reset screen that only shows on my broken laptop screen, and refuses to output to HDMI for an external display. So I’m stuck.

Is there any way to force Windows to output the Reset screen to another display? I’m completely stuck. Please help, and reply with any further questions.

submitted by /u/BTheEPIC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BTheEPIC, Nov 26, 2020

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 26, 2020
  4. DW7EZV Win User

How to See Windows Reset Screen Through Broken Display

Broken display when display driver installed

Hi All,

Got a problem with my display. Suddenly it displays like this

How to See Windows Reset Screen Through Broken Display [​IMG]

I reinstall the OS (tried W7 and W10 new and old versions) and installed display driver but still the display is broken.

the display is ok when display driver is not installed but the resolution is small and i cant play games even cs1.6

please kindly help me. Thank you!

Best regards,

• see attachment
    • pc specs below

DW7EZV, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

How to See Windows Reset Screen Through Broken Display

1. How to See Windows Reset Screen Through Broken Display - Similar Threads - Reset Screen Through

2. How can I reset my display settings without being able to see the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my display settings without being able to see the screen?: I accidentally set my screen resolution to a setting where the screen cannot be read well enough to get back to the settings menu and change it. How can I reset the setting without being able to see anything on the screen?...
  3. How can I reset my display settings without being able to see the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reset my display settings without being able to see the screen?: I accidentally set my screen resolution to a setting where the screen cannot be read well enough to get back to the settings menu and change it. How can I reset the setting without being able to see anything on the screen?...
  4. How can I reset my display settings without being able to see the screen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Factory reseting laptop with broken screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reseting laptop with broken screen: My laptops screen is broken and im using a tv as my screen using a hdmi cord the problem is when i factory reset my laptop its take a long time. Longer than normal. Can i still factory reset my laptop when it connected to a tv, and does it show up on my tv if its finished...
  6. Factory reseting laptop with broken screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reseting laptop with broken screen: My laptops screen is broken and im using a tv as my screen using a hdmi cord the problem is when i factory reset my laptop its take a long time. Longer than normal. Can i still factory reset my laptop when it connected to a tv, and does it show up on my tv if its finished...
  7. CapsLock on screen display broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CapsLock on screen display broken: Since yesterday 17th July I noticed my CapsLock on screen display is not working the way it used to. I would press the button to activate caps. The light on the key lights up and I see ABC on screen. When I press to de-activate the light on the button goes off and I see abc...
  8. CapsLock on screen display broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CapsLock on screen display broken: Since yesterday 17th July I noticed my CapsLock on screen display is not working the way it used to. I would press the button to activate caps. The light on the key lights up and I see ABC on screen. When I press to de-activate the light on the button goes off and I see abc...
  9. Translucent (see-through) windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Translucent (see-through) windows?: So I solved one mystery to have another come up that's been happening. Now and again when I double click title bar in a window, I will accidentally click a third time inside the window itself. This occasionally causes the application window to turn translucent...
  10. Win 10 how to reset display resolution without being able to see screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 how to reset display resolution without being able to see screen: Hi, I've recently purchased a PC with Win 10 Pro pre-installed and have inadvertently set the monitor's screen resolution too high and am getting a blank screen with only a "signal out of range" message displayed when I boot. How can I change the resolution when I boot the...