Windows 10: How to select camera for Windows Hello

Discus and support How to select camera for Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have recently installed a Windows Hello webcam in both my HP laptop and in my Philips monitor. Now Windows Hello always uses the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bart van de Weijer, Oct 17, 2019.

1. How to select camera for Windows Hello

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed a Windows Hello webcam in both my HP laptop and in my Philips monitor. Now Windows Hello always uses the camera in my laptop. How do I ensure that he uses the webcam from the monitor if the other is not available (laptop screen is closed, for example). And when I go to a meeting I want Hello to use my laptop webcam (screen is open).

Thank you in advance,

Regards, Bart van de Weijer

:)

Bart van de Weijer, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Oct 17, 2019
  3. windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Lori-12 Win User

How to select camera for Windows Hello

Windows Hello Face Setup Could Not Open the Camera

I resolved my problem by updating the drivers for my camera. The steps I took were:

• elect the Start button, typeDevice Manager,
    • When the list of results popped up I expanded the Imaging devices option, which showed the camera on my computer.
    • Right clicked on and selected update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

I restarted my computer. Windows Hello started and accessed the camera. I hope this helps.

Lori-12, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

How to select camera for Windows Hello

1. How to select camera for Windows Hello - Similar Threads - select camera Hello

2. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  3. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  4. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  6. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  7. windows hello camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hello camera: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera/af04c1eb-0da2-4585-8fdc-605f53e76c07
  8. Select camera for Hello

Select camera for Hello: Hi, I have a Surface Pro 6 and use the internal camera for Hello. This works great but since I have two big monitors my Surface is standing away from me so the recognition isn't always "friction free". I needed a new webcam so I invested into a Logitech Brio. However the...
  9. Windows hello webcam selection

Windows hello webcam selection: Hello all. My laptop integrated webcam is Windows hello capable, cool stuff. I just purchased a new external 4K (logitech brio) webcam for my office videoconferencing and i found it is compatible also with windows hello. What i found is .... i cannot choose/switch...
  10. windows hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello camera: Hi after an update my windows hello cannot start the camera to sign in I must use a pin. Any answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-camera/ab48a021-e9c4-4407-808f-e971d2dc364c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. select camera windows

2. windows hello select camera