Windows 10: How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text

Discus and support How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm looking for a way to select a few lines of text, or just a few words, and then select another line/word somewhere else in the same paragraph.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nitsi, Nov 15, 2018.

1. nitsi Win User

How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text

I'm looking for a way to select a few lines of text, or just a few words, and then select another line/word somewhere else in the same paragraph.

How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text l3ycospeycy11.png

it's similar to how you can do this in file explorer

How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text z1re62taycy11.png

What it should look like

If my explanation didn't make sense, then the question here is literally what I'm looking for.

I'm aware that some programs like word and firefox allow you to do this, but I'm looking for a more universal method.

If no native Windows method exists, then if there's a script or a program that I can download to make this work, then please tell me of it.

:)

nitsi, Nov 15, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Deleting Multiple Email from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• Type mail in the search box to open mail app.
    • click on the folder from which you want to delete multiple emails.
    • click on enter selection mode in the search
      area.
    • click on multiple emails and click on delete.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 15, 2018
  4. How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text

Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text

1. How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text - Similar Threads - Select Multiple Areas

2. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  3. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  4. The selected text is black?

The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  5. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  6. area selection

area selection: Windows 10, Streets and trips 2013.I Cannot select an area to zoom with 2013. this was avaulable in 2007 also I cannot move cursor across map as the hand locks on to the map and just moves the entire map....
  7. How to make text cursor longer to select multiple lines at once in Microsoft word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make text cursor longer to select multiple lines at once in Microsoft word?: I want to shift a text body to the left by selecting all the lines' first space and pressing backspace to move the paragraph left. I forgot how to make the text cursor longer. submitted by /u/ShiBen0725 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to snap app on start, to selected area?

How to snap app on start, to selected area?: Hi, I would like to snap app to given screen area on it's start, the same way you drag app to edge and it then "figure out" that it should fill left side of the screen etc. Is there a way, either using some start parameters or using Power-shell to start the process, and...
  9. mouse select area

mouse select area: so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box-messed-up/12cd4cce-9aa9-44b8-8d4e-4f902ef7efb4 but i couldnt find the setting...
  10. Text selection

Text selection: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...