Windows 10: How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates?

Discus and support How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates? I'm running Windows 10 build 1909, and one of the updates listed is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThamerTarabzouni, Jun 11, 2021.

1. How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates?

How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates? I'm running Windows 10 build 1909, and one of the updates listed is to upgrade to Windows 10, version 20H2 along with other security updates to OS build 1909. This update version 20H2 caused serious problems and I want avoid installing it. Any help

:)

ThamerTarabzouni, Jun 11, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 11, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 11, 2021
  4. INSTG8R Win User

How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates?

Should I update my BIOS

Well considering it has updates for your processor specifically listed I would most definitely update the BIOS.

INSTG8R, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates?

1. How to select only specific updated from the list of all required updates? - Similar Threads - select specific updated

2. How to get a list of all substituted KB articles for a specific product?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get a list of all substituted KB articles for a specific product?: Hello, I was trying to find a better solution to my problem.I would like to list all of the substituted KBs for Windows 10. Normally, I would enter the corresponding Microsoft Update Catalog page to a KB and see in "package details" all substituted articles for that specific...
  3. How to get a list of all substituted KB articles for a specific product?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a list of all substituted KB articles for a specific product?: Hello, I was trying to find a better solution to my problem.I would like to list all of the substituted KBs for Windows 10. Normally, I would enter the corresponding Microsoft Update Catalog page to a KB and see in "package details" all substituted articles for that specific...
  4. REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST: How do I remove the "Xerox - Extension - 7.208.0.0" update from my update list?I do not use a Xerox printer and have NEVER used a Xerox printer, so I don't know why my machine wants to do this update. It fails every time anyway. Each time it tries, I get an 0x800f020b error....
  5. REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST: How do I remove the "Xerox - Extension - 7.208.0.0" update from my update list?I do not use a Xerox printer and have NEVER used a Xerox printer, so I don't know why my machine wants to do this update. It fails every time anyway. Each time it tries, I get an 0x800f020b error....
  6. REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST

7. How to you stop a specific update from installing

How to you stop a specific update from installing: I have several computers that were effected by the March critical update released on March 9th effecting users printing to copiers. I have uninstalled the update several times and Windows keeps reinstalling them. How can I target a specific update not to reinstall?...
  8. How to stop windows from installing a specific update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from installing a specific update?: I noticed that this particular update keeps causing certain games to crash whenever I play them. It gets fixed whenever I uninstall the update. How do I stop windows from trying to install the update? submitted by /u/Alphium [link] [comments]...
  9. Possible to select specific updates from "Windows Updates" ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Possible to select specific updates from "Windows Updates" ?: Hello, I have several Windows Updates including the Windows 10 1803 which is very slow and ends up with an error message that the 1803 update failed. After some searching I found there are alternative methods to install the 1803 update which basically removes some Windows...
  10. Disable a specific update or all updates for specific software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable a specific update or all updates for specific software: I have been regularly receiving an update titled "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Deskjet 3510 series" that is for my printer. After attempting the update it always displays Error 0x8024200b. I do not need this update, and would like it to disappear forever, but...