Windows 10: how to select the output audio speakers

Discus and support how to select the output audio speakers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scott Hewlett, Nov 28, 2023.

1. how to select the output audio speakers

windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine.

:)

Scott Hewlett, Nov 28, 2023

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Audio speakers in Windows 10

Hi John,

To answer your question on changing the output device of your computer, follow the steps below:

• On right side of the taskbar, right-click on the speaker icon.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Under Playback tab, select the device that you want to be your audio output.
    • Click Set Default.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Nov 28, 2023
  4. how to select the output audio speakers

Windows 10 "No Audio Output Device is Installed" internal speakers

Hello JRosales2112

Please follow these steps

Open Settings.

Click on Update & Security.

Click on Troubleshoot.

Select the Playing Audio option.

Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

If That didn't work

Try update or uninstall and reinstall the drivers

How update drivers

Go to Device Manager > select audio inputs and outputs > right click in the Speakers > Update driver

If that didn't work

Uninstall and install the drivers

Go to Device Manager > select audio inputs and outputs > right click in the Speakers > Uninstall Restart your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

how to select the output audio speakers

1. how to select the output audio speakers - Similar Threads - select output audio

2. So I deleted the audio output speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I deleted the audio output speaker.: So I deleted the audio output speaker in device manager, under the audio input and output section with also deleted Realtek. Tried many fixes but sound still says no speaker and trouble shooting not working. Help plzTried downloading Realtek from manufacturer.Tried Resetting...
  3. So I deleted the audio output speaker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I deleted the audio output speaker.: So I deleted the audio output speaker in device manager, under the audio input and output section with also deleted Realtek. Tried many fixes but sound still says no speaker and trouble shooting not working. Help plzTried downloading Realtek from manufacturer.Tried Resetting...
  4. how to select the output audio speakers

how to select the output audio speakers: windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-select-the-output-audio-speakers/0fe1ce0f-6271-44e7-b84f-6982ab11c8f4
  5. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  6. Issue with audio output external speaker

Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  7. Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output: A few days ago my bluetooth speaker stopped showing up as a selectable option as an audio output, even though it connected and registers as an audio output, it's not selectable in any of the sound menus. I've run through as much troubleshooting as I can, but none of the built...
  8. Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output

Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output: A few days ago my bluetooth speaker stopped showing up as a selectable option as an audio output, even though it connected and registers as an audio output, it's not selectable in any of the sound menus. I've run through as much troubleshooting as I can, but none of the built...
  9. Recent update broke audio output selection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update broke audio output selection.: Just a heads up for people who use multiple audio outputs. After recent update default audio selection does nothing and I need to reboot the system each time I want to change audio output. submitted by /u/snaut [link] [comments]...
  10. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...