Windows 10: How to select window update one by one?

Discus and support How to select window update one by one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC window 10 home get problem issue after window update, so I don't want to download and install all patches automatically. I don't mind to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oemSoft, Jul 20, 2020.

1. oemSoft Win User

How to select window update one by one?

My PC window 10 home get problem issue after window update, so I don't want to download and install all patches automatically.

I don't mind to download all patches at once, but after downloaded all available patches, I would like to install one by one to confirm on which patch cause problem.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?
    Thank you very much for any suggestions ^v^

:)

oemSoft, Jul 20, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jul 20, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to select window update one by one? - Similar Threads - select window update

2. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  3. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  4. Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates: Hello all,My mouse is double clicking when I click once, is not keeping selected when I try to select stuff etc. It started happening after one of the windows updates.I already explored several solutions proposed in the forum uninstall drivers and reinstall, a set of windows...
  5. Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates

Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates: Hello all,My mouse is double clicking when I click once, is not keeping selected when I try to select stuff etc. It started happening after one of the windows updates.I already explored several solutions proposed in the forum uninstall drivers and reinstall, a set of windows...
  6. Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Only one keyboard layout selectable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one keyboard layout selectable: Hello guys,I'm having an issue with the language switcher the one you can trigger with Windows + Spacebar.As you can see I have two languages installed, English and Chinese.I don't know why but in the language switcher it only comes with Chinese and I can't choose anything...
  8. Only one keyboard layout selectable

Only one keyboard layout selectable: Hello guys,I'm having an issue with the language switcher the one you can trigger with Windows + Spacebar.As you can see I have two languages installed, English and Chinese.I don't know why but in the language switcher it only comes with Chinese and I can't choose anything...
  9. Is there a way to download updates one by one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to download updates one by one?: I am running the Education version of Windows 10 which gives me some control over the updates, but not completely. Right now there are two (perhaps more, if I search) updates pending [img] I don't know what A-Volute is (according to Google that might be some update for...
  10. One Note - problem with language selection

One Note - problem with language selection: Hello There. Just a quick question in regards to bug with Onenote language selection: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/onenote-disrigards-keyboard-language-settings/7156ad97-c992-4f0f-9497-18ac960b9ca6...