Windows 10: How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI.

Discus and support How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Yamaha RX-V6A receiver, which I am connecting to my PC via HDMI through the GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card. My receiver is receiving the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nuraman00, Oct 21, 2020.

1. nuraman00 Win User

How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI.

I have a Yamaha RX-V6A receiver, which I am connecting to my PC via HDMI through the GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card.

My receiver is receiving the audio in PCM.

How can I send a Dolby Digital 5.1 sound in Dolby Digital DTS-HD Master audio to the receiver?

Are there settings within the GPU settings where I can output in Dolby Digital?

I'm in Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363.

I had already set the Spatial Sound to 5.1 in Windows 10, for the output device for my TV.

I have a Blu Ray player in my PC.

I tried changing different audio tracks on a Blu Ray, but the receiver still says PCM for format. Including even if I select DTS-HD as one of the audio tracks on the Blu Ray, instead of LPCM.

Regardless of what content I play, whether it's a Blu Ray, or CD, or digital file, the receiver always says PCM.

:)

nuraman00, Oct 21, 2020

2. Yamaha Aventage 3070 Receiver/ Win10 Dolby Access sound issues

Jason,

I had the exact same issue with my Yamaha RX-A770. On mine, Atmos native content plays fine from the PC over HDMI, but all stereo/other sources were seen by my receiver as PCM stereo and couldn't be changed. I spent a lot of time waiting on emails from
    Dolby tech support where Dolby blamed Yamaha for crummy implementation.

The best response I got was this email from the Yamaha rep (dated 3/1/18, so relatively recent). Not the answer I was hoping for, but hope it saves some folks time bashing their heads against the wall trying to get this to work. Bottom line is DOLBY ACCESS
    DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY with one of the most popular Atmos receiver brands. If anyone does get Atmos (for non-Atmos-native content) successfully transmitted via Dolby Access to a Yamaha receiver, I'd love to hear how you did it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your email. At this time, Dolby Atmos can not be properly decoded through the Dolby Access software. We have had a few reports of issues with the software, which we have reported to Yamaha Japan.
    It's my understanding that Dolby Labs released this software without providing specifications and protocols to manufacturers, like Yamaha.

Dolby Atmos, by it's nature, "piggy-backs" on another audio signal, usually Dolby Digital + or Dolby TrueHD. The Dolby Access software seems to use PCM as the carrier signal. This is not a problem in and
    of itself, but it does not seem to map the audio objects onto the channels correctly, and it seems to come out in stereo, with 5 "empty" channels along side.

Even prior to Dolby Access, it was normal for Windows to detect the display, rather than the receiver, in the audio devices menu. This is just the nature of Windows, as it's not typically integrated into
    a home theater system like this.

We hope that we will support Dolby Access at some point, but as of right now, the behavior you're see is just due to a lack of compatibility. We would recommend using a BD player, or a compatible streaming
    device, in order to get a Dolby Atmos signal. Let me know if you need further assistance,

KevinClinton., Oct 21, 2020
  3. tuunade98 Win User
    How do i get true dolby digital or dts5.1 through hdmi on pc?

Is it possible to get dolby digital, or dts 5.1 through hdmi on the pc? i have a radeon 5770]
    my receiver is the yamaha HTR-6063

tuunade98, Oct 21, 2020
  4. How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI.

How do i get true dolby digital or dts5.1 through hdmi on pc?

No, no, no, use 7.1 PCM. Dolby is encoded, PCM is not. If you can set the HDMI audio output to 7.1 LPCM, that's all you need to do. The computer/receiver should take care of the rest. That's the best possible signal to send on HDMI.

AC3 is the encoding used on DVDs.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI.

1. How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI. - Similar Threads - send Dolby Digital

2. DTS & Dolby digital support external AV receiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS & Dolby digital support external AV receiver: I have a custom PC and I'm using TOSLINK optical to connect to a Yamaha RX V-596 RDS.Even though it is a Dolby Digital and DTS compatible machine I don't get this output option:If you think what are you saying the options are right there these ^^ actually don't send a DTS or...
  3. DTS & Dolby digital support external AV receiver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DTS & Dolby digital support external AV receiver: I have a custom PC and I'm using TOSLINK optical to connect to a Yamaha RX V-596 RDS.Even though it is a Dolby Digital and DTS compatible machine I don't get this output option:If you think what are you saying the options are right there these ^^ actually don't send a DTS or...
  4. Dolby digital plus!

Dolby digital plus!: I never really know the best settings for Dolby digital plus. I do a lot of voice videos using my web cam and mike. When I play the recordings back, they seem nice and clear but on the low side volume wise. This is with Dolby set to "voice", if I change to "music" setting,...
  5. Dolby via HDMI ARC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby via HDMI ARC: Hi, this is my scenario: PC with nvidia 3080 AVR Denon X1500H TV 4k120hz My AVR doesn't support 4k120hz, so I connected the PC to the TV. TV and the AVR have both HDMI ARC, if I use internal TV Netflix app, i got audio 5.1 via ARC. How can I use a dolby audio from the PC...
  6. Dolby Digital plus

Dolby Digital plus: Can someone help ? I have downloaded the Windows 10 May 2020 update today. Each time I do the Autumn and Spring updates I get the same message "Dolby Digital Plus not compatible with Windows 10 and uninstalled ! The actual programme is still on my laptop but I still get...
  7. Dolby digital plus.

Dolby digital plus.: My computer used to work with dolby digital plus and it's been a while since it doesn't work. It's running through conexant smartaudio and I'm trying to find a way to get Dolbydigitl plus to work again. I've tried to repair it but I get this. [ATTACH]...
  8. sending / receiving emails via command line

in Browsers and Email
    sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  9. sending / receiving emails via command line

sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  10. connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen: i have connected my 5.1 receiver to my pc via hdmi so i have the best possible audio formats , this results in the problem that my pc thinks that there is a second screen , so when i open a file etc. , it sometimes opens in this second screen wich i cant see. i can disable...