Windows 10: How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port

Discus and support How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to hook up a vhs recorder to my Dell XPS 8900 computer to be able to record a/v onto a vhs tape. I have tried using both my second HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElroyDenningmann1, Dec 18, 2019.

1. How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port

I am trying to hook up a vhs recorder to my Dell XPS 8900 computer to be able to record a/v onto a vhs tape. I have tried using both my second HDMI port, and my Display port with the proper converters to RCA input to the VHS recorder. How can I get the audio and video shown on my computer monitor to also be available on either the 2nd HDMI port or the Display port? Not sure if this should be under PC Projections or Settings

:)

ElroyDenningmann1, Dec 18, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 18, 2019
  3. CaAn_1 Win User
    Display port for HDMI not working

I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)

CaAn_1, Dec 18, 2019
  4. How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port

HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

Oh wait, forgot to list what I have tried already.

- Changed HDMI cords to see if the cord was broken (not the issue)

- Uninstalled and disabled graphics driver (not the issue)

- Ran the Troubleshooter for Devices and Hardware (not the issue)

- Reboot (not the issue)

- Virus Scan (not the issue)

- Check for updates (not the issue)

- Check hitting Windows Key plus P (currently set to Extend and working fine with VGA cord - not the issue)

Note: When in the Display Settings and pressing on the Detect button, nothing happens. Looks like page tries refreshing to find the 2nd monitor but nothing happens.

I'll need some more advanced hardware advice for this one.

When plugging into the HDMI port, the HP monitor lights up signaling that the power is detected but quickly flashes no signal and goes dark. Seems like the port does work but doesn't want to send the video signal.

Is there a default setting somewhere that forces the HDMI port to send a signal no matter what?

Come on fellow Windows Users! I need some real know how on this one!

TheGreatPW, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port

1. How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port - Similar Threads - send monitor second

2. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  3. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  4. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...: Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on...
  6. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...: Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on...
  7. [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV: Hi, Running current Windows 10 Home 64Bit version 21H1on a fairly new Dell desktop computer. Have an nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super graphic card with newest non-beta drivers. I have a monitor plugged into the DVI port on the nVidia graphic card. I recently plugged a second...
  8. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  9. Second Display Port Monitor not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Display Port Monitor not working: So I bought a new monitor and I connected it to the first display port from my GPU. I want to use my second monitor who was plugged with DVI-D but the cable was short so i searched on google and my old monitor supports 144 hz full hd with display port too so i bought one...
  10. HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?: Hi everyone, I have a HP Pavilion G6 running on Windows 10 with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series built in graphic card. Is there a detect HDMI feature in Windows 10? Oddly the system stopped sending the signal to the 2nd monitor. I don't recall any settings...