Windows 10: How to Separate Accounts and Licenses

Discus and support How to Separate Accounts and Licenses in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In 2011 Apr I purchased a Hewlett-Packard HP G72 Notebook PC for my brother, but I setup accounts and licenses in my name with my email accounts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JBoogy, Apr 20, 2022.

1. JBoogy Win User

How to Separate Accounts and Licenses

In 2011 Apr I purchased a Hewlett-Packard HP G72 Notebook PC for my brother, but I setup accounts and licenses in my name with my email accounts and credentials. I'm trying to find out how I can move those licenses and accounts by establishing an account with my brother’s credentials. Windows 10, Microsoft office, antivirus etc.Thank you, Charles

:)

JBoogy, Apr 20, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 20, 2022
  3. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. How to Separate Accounts and Licenses :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Apr 20, 2022
  4. How to Separate Accounts and Licenses

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How to Separate Accounts and Licenses [​IMG]

MCardona81, Apr 20, 2022
Thema:

How to Separate Accounts and Licenses

1. How to Separate Accounts and Licenses - Similar Threads - Separate Accounts Licenses

2. How to separate Microsoft account to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to separate Microsoft account to new computer: We have a Surface Pro computer, which we love, and have just bought a new laptop computer to have an extra computer. When I set up the computer it linked everything from the Surface Pro to the new computer, can we use a separate account on the Pro and not lose all the data as...
  3. How to Separate Accounts and Licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Separate Accounts and Licenses: In 2011 Apr I purchased a Hewlett-Packard HP G72 Notebook PC for my brother, but I setup accounts and licenses in my name with my email accounts and credentials. I'm trying to find out how I can move those licenses and accounts by establishing an account with my brother’s...
  4. How to Separate Accounts and Licenses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Separate Accounts and Licenses: In 2011 Apr I purchased a Hewlett-Packard HP G72 Notebook PC for my brother, but I setup accounts and licenses in my name with my email accounts and credentials. I'm trying to find out how I can move those licenses and accounts by establishing an account with my brother’s...
  5. How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?: I've been trying to setup 2 user accounts on my Windows 10 OS; so, that I can separate my Uni work and regular use, but I'm not able to separate the accounts when it comes to the apps and programs. E.g. when i delete a shortcut on my desktop from the uni work account it also...
  6. trying to separate accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to separate accounts: So, I am trying to create a second user account on my computer so I can have different settings and generally have a few things separated out, and just avoid cluttering up my personal and programming (currently only a hobbyist programmer, so not that good, probably why I am...
  7. separating emails and accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    separating emails and accounts: I just got finally got my laptop all set up with Windows 10, "under duress" by the way because I actually have no issues with Windows 7, and it seems there's constant issues so far with this OS. Regardless, I am having a major issue that I need fixed. Upon setting up this...
  8. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  9. Separate microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Separate microsoft accounts?: I run a desktop pc and two laptops. Each has a legal, registered copy of windows 10. Do I need a separate Microsoft account for each machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-microsoft-accounts/3c4ec76b-4a44-44db-b55d-cf5e10258b93"
  10. Many Separate Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Many Separate Accounts: I have four accounts now with Microsoft due to the exaggerated and entirely useless security features of the 'forgot password' dialogue (it literally asks you for your password, then for information that it doesn't actually want, no matter how much you enter it returns: 'not...