Windows 10: How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

Discus and support How to separate audio outputs in playback devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Prior to resetting Windows 10 I had 3 audio outputs, HDMI to TV, analog to monitor and analog to speakers. Since resetting windows both speakers show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silk186, Mar 10, 2018.

1. silk186 Win User

How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

Prior to resetting Windows 10 I had 3 audio outputs, HDMI to TV, analog to monitor and analog to speakers. Since resetting windows both speakers show up as one device labeled "Speakers" in the Windows "Playback Devices" window. I've tried re-installing the realtek software but it made no difference.

I want to be about to switch between monitor and speakers in Playback Devices. While I can turn of my speakers the amp is behind the TV and I have no way of turning them off on my monitor.

:)

silk186, Mar 10, 2018
  2. silk186 Win User

Setting up two separate audio devices in 'playback devices', passed tone test but no sound.

Hi Vanessa,

Both devices are connected to the rear analog ports. This is the configuration the worked separately prior to reset. After resetting windows, both the monitor and speakers work simultaneously. With the setting in Realtek
    the monitor and speakers appear as separate devices in playback devices but only the speakers work correctly.

Regards

silk186, Mar 10, 2018
  3. Setting up two separate audio devices in 'playback devices', passed tone test but no sound.

Thanks for getting back. In this case, please run the audio troubleshooter to help identify what might be causing this problem. To do that, navigate to
    Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot. Select Playing Audio, then click
    Run the troubleshooter.

You may also use the Microsoft Easy Fix Solution to address sound issues on your PC. Please click
    Find and fix problems playing sounds on this link.

For more options ofor fixing sound problems, check out
    Fix sound problems

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 10, 2018
  4. How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

Hi silk186

If you have realtek sound you may have to look into the realtek audio manager. Should be in your notification area.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 10, 2018
  5. silk186 Win User
    I installed realtek HD audio manager which gave me audio over HDMI to my TV. It recognizes that I have 2 audio devices plugged into analoge (green and black). I've tried different settings, setting both devices as front speakers and one as headphone but they continue to show as a single device (Speakers) in 'playback devices'. I know that it is possible to do this because I was about to swtich between output devices in 'playback devices' before resetting windows.

Looking at google images I see that realtek HD audio manager should have an extra tab 'HD Audio 2nd ouptut device' but I don't have it.

silk186, Mar 10, 2018
  6. Might I suggest removing the driver and only having one device connected. Then install realtek driver. Confirm setting in playback. Add the next output device. Confirm, etc...

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2018
  7. silk186 Win User
    That is what i did when I reinstalled the drivers. First it only had the speakers, added drivers, HDMI appeared, plugged in second analog port which is detected in realtek HD audio manager but is not listed as a second output. All three devices are dectected, but the two analog devices don't appear as separate output devices.

silk186, Mar 11, 2018
  8. How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

Saw you put in driver? Is this the same driver from before the reset. I'm wondering if new driver has lost some functionality?

Hopefully another member with new ideas will join thread.

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2018
  9. silk186 Win User
    I tried the new driver as well as the old one from my motherboard page.
    They look the same to me.

silk186, Mar 11, 2018
  10. silk186 Win User
    problem solved.

You need to disable "Front panel jack detection". This will make the front and rear jacks play the same stream. (source)

silk186, Mar 12, 2018
  11. Cool. Thanks for posting solution. That is different.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

1. How to separate audio outputs in playback devices - Similar Threads - separate audio outputs

2. how do i send the audio output from 2 separate windows to 2 separate output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i send the audio output from 2 separate windows to 2 separate output devices: I just want to listen to youtube on my headphones, but my friend likes to watch me play minecraft on the TV I have hooked up through HDMI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-the-audio-output-from-2-separate/6ad18c3e-6c1c-46a3-816a-82f7ab1182e0
  3. how do i send the audio output from 2 separate windows to 2 separate output devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i send the audio output from 2 separate windows to 2 separate output devices: I just want to listen to youtube on my headphones, but my friend likes to watch me play minecraft on the TV I have hooked up through HDMI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-the-audio-output-from-2-separate/6ad18c3e-6c1c-46a3-816a-82f7ab1182e0
  4. how do i send the audio output from 2 separate windows to 2 separate output devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Separation of input and output devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Separation of input and output devices: I want to use my audio port as a microphone and use another device as an output. The issue is that when I plugged in my microphone to the audio port it worked well, but the speaker did not work at all. I tried to change the output device to a Bluetooth headphone but I...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output

Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output: Hello! I have seen this problem multiple times in the Microsoft communities, but not yet with a resolution. I also haven't seen it with my computer, namely an LG gram 14 also with Windows 10 Home. My Bluetooth Headphones pair easily, and immediately show up as "paired."...
  7. Selecting playback device does not change audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selecting playback device does not change audio output: Anytime I want to connect my computer to my headphones, I would have to go into the sound settings to disable speakers such that the audio would play on the headphones, else it would just play on the computer's speakers even though the playback device is shown to be my...
  8. Audio playback devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  9. Separate audio outputs

Separate audio outputs: Hi, I am using Lenovo Y5070 and Realtek Audio Driver. Sometimes I want to listen my Spotify through the internal speakers of the laptop instead of the plugged in headphones. Because they are combined under the Speakers in Playback tab of the "Audio Settings" I can not do...
  10. Separate audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate audio outputs: Hi, I am using Lenovo Y5070 and Realtek Audio Driver. Sometimes I want to listen my Spotify through the internal speakers of the laptop instead of the plugged in headphones. Because they are combined under the Speakers in Playback tab of the "Audio Settings" I can not do...