Windows 10: How to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs

Discus and support How to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a small SSD which was my main C: drive, and I bought a new SSD. The old drive was cloned AS IS to the new drive, while making the new drive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LastFlipper038, Mar 28, 2019.

1. How to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs

I had a small SSD which was my main C: drive, and I bought a new SSD.

The old drive was cloned AS IS to the new drive, while making the new drive the main operating system and calling its drive C: instead of the old drive (which is now, say, GHow to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs :).

I now have two operating systems (G: and C: both have Windows 7 now), but it seems that if I run the operating system from G: drive - it uses the settings, temporary files, etc, from the new C: drive!

I want to format C: and install Windows 10 instead, to have dual boot, but I'm afraid that formating C: will cause the operating system on G: to stop working (since it seems to be using the files on CHow to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs :)

What should I do?

Thank you

:)

LastFlipper038, Mar 28, 2019

2. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Mar 28, 2019
  3. did a disc clone instead of a system clone

The HDD in the PC is fine and the cloneing was done with EaseUS Todo. The free version doesn't support a working bootable operating system but does support a disc clone which must be why all the hidden partitions and windows all had unrecognizable names. It also finished the job despite the fact that he SSD was only 250gb while the main HDD was 1gb but only has windows on on it. So now I am going to have another go tomorrow. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Michael Coles, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

How to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs

did a disc clone instead of a system clone

Next time try Macrium Reflect free. Macrium Reflect Free

Winuser, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

How to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs

1. How to separate two operating systems running on cloned discs - Similar Threads - separate operating systems

2. Two Operating Systems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Operating Systems?: Hello everyone. I recently attempted to download a new operating system onto my windows 11 device. The installation didn't go well, and it froze on boot. I restarted my computer and i had 2 options, "Windows 11", Or "Windows Setup". How can I delete "Windows Setup" from my...
  3. Two Operating Systems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Operating Systems?: Hello everyone. I recently attempted to download a new operating system onto my windows 11 device. The installation didn't go well, and it froze on boot. I restarted my computer and i had 2 options, "Windows 11", Or "Windows Setup". How can I delete "Windows Setup" from my...
  4. How to clone only the Operating System?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone only the Operating System?: I just got a 250gb M.2 NVME and I want to transfer windows from my 2tb HDD to it but when I try cloning it says that the drive is to small. I was wondering if it was possible to only transfer the operating system and not everything. Please help....
  5. How to clone only the Operating System?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clone only the Operating System?: I just got a 250gb M.2 NVME and I want to transfer windows from my 2tb HDD to it but when I try cloning it says that the drive is to small. I was wondering if it was possible to only transfer the operating system and not everything. Please help....
  6. How to clone only the Operating System?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Two operating systems

Two operating systems: When i turn on my computer it asks me to choose from windows 10 and another windows 10 operating system it makes no difference which one i pick obviously it goes to the same place. Now i have this other computer that some how was wiped clean. I was wondering if i could...
  8. Two operating systems

Two operating systems: When I restart an older W10 laptop I own, after the manufacturer logo I see a light blue screen with "Choose an Operating System" at the top. Below that it has two choices. Windows 10 On volume 5 and Windows 10 On volume 3 I always select the first one and have...
  9. Cloning an Operating System?

Cloning an Operating System?: I am looking to upgrade a few old laptops to SSD's, and for a multitude of reasons it would be easier just to clone the OS with all of the existing files, than to reinstall it on the SSD. I am upgrading some laptops for a few co workers of mine, and they are at the bottom end...
  10. did a disc clone instead of a system clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    did a disc clone instead of a system clone: Just got a new Lenovo computer and fitted an SSD. I then cloned it using EaseUS Todo backup free edition. I performed a disc clone when I should have used a system clone. The PC still works but the file system has changed, haven't tried to manually boot to the SSD as I now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. running two cloned systems