Windows 10: How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10

Discus and support How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is both 32 bit and 64 bit version on the system. I am wondering how to make the 64 bit version as the default... I tried to talk to Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThisisYuri, Dec 16, 2018.

1. How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10

There is both 32 bit and 64 bit version on the system.

I am wondering how to make the 64 bit version as the default...

I tried to talk to Microsoft agents..... They are very terrible. Do NOT acknowledge that they do not know how to do.

Just end the session by themselves half way.

Very disappointed at those people.

So I am here, hoping anyone would know how to do this.

Some of the old way no longer valid.

Anyone?

:)

ThisisYuri, Dec 16, 2018

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Dec 16, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Dec 16, 2018
  4. How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10

1. How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set bit media

2. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  3. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  4. Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit: I can't seem to get my Windows media player to allow drag and drop to make a playlist to sync to my MP3 player. I have done the uninstall nd reinstall procedure but it will work the first time but not on subsequenttries on different cd's. also if I try to sync another cd to...
  5. Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit

Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit: I can't seem to get my Windows media player to allow drag and drop to make a playlist to sync to my MP3 player. I have done the uninstall nd reinstall procedure but it will work the first time but not on subsequenttries on different cd's. also if I try to sync another cd to...
  6. Windows Media Player - User 64-bit version by default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player - User 64-bit version by default: My goal is to enable the use of 64-bit version of Windows Media Player (WMP) by default. Apparently, this process involves more than just changing the shortcuts in desktop, start menu and taskbar to reference mplayer2.exe in Programs Files directory, the location of 64-bit...
  7. Windows Media Player 64-bit

Windows Media Player 64-bit: To use the 64-bit Windows Media Player rather than the 32-bit WMP, I install the Local Subtitles for WMP (Local Subtitles for WMP download | SourceForge.net) and it has a feature for switching to the 64-bit version of WMP, which I keep installed but not often used. The Local...
  8. How to make Windows Media Player Default

How to make Windows Media Player Default: trying to create a power shell script for .wav to open with Windows Media Player. currebntly i have it set to open with VLC. Any Idea? 147908
  9. media player as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    media player as default: ho do u make win media player as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/media-player-as-default/4d05f29a-6737-47d2-ae8e-cffed1cb2955
  10. No option to set default for media players

No option to set default for media players: Just recently (I think there was an update) there stopped being an option to set a media file type (AVI, WAV, etc)) to open with a certain media player. If I right clicked on a video and selected "open with" I would get a list of my players and an option to always use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use 64 bit windows media player by default

2. make windows media player default windows 10

3. how do i might 64bit media player default

4. make windows media classic 64 bit default,
  5. is media player 64 bit default win 10,
  6. wmp 32 bit as default player in windows 10 64 bit,
  7. wmp 64 as default,
  8. default media player for windows 10 64 bit,
  9. set media player 64 as default,
  10. set x64 media player as default,
  11. ten forums default media player