Windows 10: How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that...

Discus and support How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to use English keyboard input layout whenever I type in Visual Studio Code for example. However I use usually different keyboard language layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TKNES, Nov 19, 2019.

1. TKNES Win User

How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that...

I need to use English keyboard input layout whenever I type in Visual Studio Code for example. However I use usually different keyboard language layout for other situations. Is it possible to set that anytime I open that program, my default keyboard input language will switch to the preferred one (in this case English)?

:)

TKNES, Nov 19, 2019

2. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to keyboard language and input language on your PC.

One of the things you can try is to override the default input method and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows +
      I
      keys to open Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and then select
      Typing
    3. Under More keyboard settings click on
      Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Now on the Override for default input method select the drop down to the
      language you want to set.
    5. Restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Nov 19, 2019
  4. How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that...

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that...

1. How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that... - Similar Threads - set default keyboard

2. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  3. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  4. How to set a keyboard input language for a particular program/app in Windows 11 and keep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set a keyboard input language for a particular program/app in Windows 11 and keep...: Hi,I normally use Portuguese keyboard in my programs, but I need to use English keyboard in a specific program.I'd like to know if it is possible to link an English keyboard with a specific program and keep this way the next time I run the program?...
  5. How to set a keyboard input language for a particular program/app in Windows 11 and keep...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a keyboard input language for a particular program/app in Windows 11 and keep...: Hi,I normally use Portuguese keyboard in my programs, but I need to use English keyboard in a specific program.I'd like to know if it is possible to link an English keyboard with a specific program and keep this way the next time I run the program?...
  6. "Permanently" set language and keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Permanently" set language and keyboard language?: Every now and then, my keyboard keeps switching languages from english (united states) swedish keyboard to english (united states) us keyboard and now for some reason i have english (vanuatu) us keyboard which i have no idea where that came from but apparently my pc had...
  7. How to set a keyboard input language for a particular program/app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set a keyboard input language for a particular program/app in Windows 10: I need to use English keyboard input layout whenever I type in Visual Studio Code for example. However I use usually different keyboard language layout for other situations. Is it possible to set that anytime I open that program, my default keyboard input language will switch...
  8. How to use English as default input language?

How to use English as default input language?: For window 10 Traditional Chinese version, I would like to know on how to set English as default input language and remove any Chinese input. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.: I use English as a language, but living in Spain I use a Spanish keyboard. (Sometimes I write in Spanish) Every time I turn on my Surface I have to manually change the settings to ENG/ES - ENG being the input language and ES being the keyboard input. Every time, if I...
  10. How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer: Hi, I would like to know how to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-the-printer-preferences-permanently-for/7ba5d7d5-4292-45f8-ab46-f3e779755734