Windows 10: How to set a file path to Save based on Date?

Discus and support How to set a file path to Save based on Date? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, to be more specific I am trying to setup the Storage Path in Agent DVR to save to Folders that are name based on the date just like I do with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrEagleTalon, Jul 23, 2020.

1. How to set a file path to Save based on Date?

So, to be more specific I am trying to setup the Storage Path in Agent DVR to save to Folders that are name based on the date just like I do with the Filename. For example, the File Names are;

{id}_{0:yyyy}-{0:MM}-{0:dd}_{0:HH}-{0:mm}.MP4

I am trying to get the File Path be;

N$\AgentDVR\Video\YEAR\MONTH\DAY\

But I can't use ":" in Windows File paths although this software uses it for its Filenames but is there a standard that windows uses for this? What's it called? How could I do it? It's something I would like to know for future Projects with other Software as well. Any help is appreciated.

I know this isn't Windows 10 specifically but Software being used on Windows 10. I have posted to the Agent DVR Forums, asked support, and got nothing and this community is always super helpful. I will take it down if needed but I could really use the help. Thanks!

submitted by /u/DrEagleTalon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrEagleTalon, Jul 23, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Jul 30, 2020
  4. oily_17 Win User

How to set a file path to Save based on Date?

Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How to set a file path to Save based on Date?

1. How to set a file path to Save based on Date? - Similar Threads - set file path

2. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  3. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  4. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date: Hey I'm not very good at powershell so I was wondering if someone who is could help me. I found this answer on another thread on how to number files sequentially in file explorer and I need it modified but I don't really understand it.[ref]$i = 1; gci -file Rename-Item...
  5. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date: Hey I'm not very good at powershell so I was wondering if someone who is could help me. I found this answer on another thread on how to number files sequentially in file explorer and I need it modified but I don't really understand it.[ref]$i = 1; gci -file Rename-Item...
  6. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The recorded video was not saved in the mentioned file path , Setting-Gaming-Captures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recorded video was not saved in the mentioned file path , Setting-Gaming-Captures: I recorded a teams webinar using Xbox game bar recording shortcut, I remember I have given and for last few minutes I got a call, hence I left the PC and went to talk, after returning I was not able to see the recorded video of that session . It was an hour session only. I...
  8. Saving attachment groups files by dates

in Browsers and Email
    Saving attachment groups files by dates: I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows the folder in date groups. e.g. [img] I do sort the Downloads folder by date, but I don't have any grouping set up that...
  9. Saving files dated in the future

Saving files dated in the future: My PC is saving files with a date 3 days in the future. My system clock is correct.... why would this be happening? :S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-files-dated-in-the-future/062208cb-ef98-4b1c-a574-0e4315e1f33f
  10. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run as date save location folder