Windows 10: How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder

Discus and support How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder, so that it always opens in your preferred view, even if it is different from the system-wide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drglide, Dec 5, 2017.

1. drglide Win User

How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder

How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder, so that it always opens in your preferred view, even if it is different from the system-wide default?

:)

drglide, Dec 5, 2017

2. How to share a folder to a specific computer in a local network?

Hello, good day, let me elaborate on my question:

Let's say we have 3 computers connected to a local network, Computer A has a folder called "folder 1" and another folder called "folder 2". Computer A wishes to share "folder 1" with computer B and "folder 2" with computer C. Computer B should be able to
    access "folder 1" but not "folder 2" and Computer C should be able to access "folder 2" but not "folder 1". Is this possible in Windows 10?

Thank you.

HoracioGonzález, Dec 5, 2017
  3. How to add a specific folder to share in a homegroup?

How do I add a specific folder to share in a homegroup between a Windows 7 and a Windows 10 PC? It seems my only options are to share "My documents" "My Pictures" "My Videos" etc. I have my files(music) in another folder on another disk drive that I
    want to share. I don't want to have to move my music to my C: drive into "My Music" just to be able to share it. How can I just share whatever folder I want between my computers? It seems so complicated.

KeithD32623523, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Just go to folder properties when your in the folder set it how you want it and apply to folder

Samuria, Dec 5, 2017
Thema:

1. How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder - Similar Threads - set Folder view

2. Change Folder View For One Specific Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Folder View For One Specific Folder: Is there a way to globally set the contents of a folder to Tiles for only one specific folder? By default, everything already lists in Details view, which is the preferred view. However, there is one obscure folder that is being requested to be changed to Tiles view when it...
  3. Change Folder View For One Specific Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Folder View For One Specific Folder: Is there a way to globally set the contents of a folder to Tiles for only one specific folder? By default, everything already lists in Details view, which is the preferred view. However, there is one obscure folder that is being requested to be changed to Tiles view when it...
  4. Change Folder View For One Specific Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  6. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  7. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  8. How to set custom folder view for 1 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom folder view for 1 folder: Okay so here's a stupid problem to have. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I have the folder view for all my folders to be "Large icons." But I have one folder where I want "Medium icons" view. And I set it on Medium view, but then every few hours or days it goes back to Large icons....
  9. How to specify folders' viewing preferences in Q-Dir ?

How to specify folders' viewing preferences in Q-Dir ?: Hi, I'm using Q-Dir 7.35 as an alternative to File Explorer. I would like to know how to save viewing preferences for each folder I open with Q-Dir (or with File explorer, for that matter). For example, the <Fish> folder would open in Q-Dir (or File Explorer) with Small...
  10. Issue with Folder View Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Folder View Setting: Hello All, I have set the Folder View settings for my Win10 many times. But every time I restart the machine the settings were lost. Looks so strange. Please share your ideas to resolve. Thanks, Kannan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set view preference for a folder