Windows 10: How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied"

Discus and support How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm unable to set or change process affinity for msmpeng (Windows Security Virus & threat protection). I'm logged-in with admin privileges. System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ecovoy, May 24, 2021.

1. Ecovoy Win User

How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied"

Hi, I'm unable to set or change process affinity for msmpeng (Windows Security Virus & threat protection). I'm logged-in with admin privileges. System is Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928). Does anyone know the steps to follow to achieve this? Thanks!

:)

Ecovoy, May 24, 2021
  2. Bingkai Win User

Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

I can't change Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process and i lowered to UAC already too and tried many times.

Bingkai, May 24, 2021
  3. ayalvac Win User
    Task Manager: Access Denied (Setting Priority)

Even though I use the admin profile and launch the task manager as such I get the "access denied" message when I try to change priority of the processes or set affinity for them. I have the latest build of Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there any solution for
    this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ayalvac, May 24, 2021
  4. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

1. How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied" - Similar Threads - set affinity msmpeng

2. Access denied at setting affinity for analysis services for report server power BI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied at setting affinity for analysis services for report server power BI: Hello, Please when i try to set affinity for analysis services for report server power BI , there is an error appeared "the operation cannot be completed" access denied even I am administrator and have full privileges and this service NOT ALLOWED for UAC virtualization. any...
  3. Access denied at setting affinity for analysis services for report server power BI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied at setting affinity for analysis services for report server power BI: Hello, Please when i try to set affinity for analysis services for report server power BI , there is an error appeared "the operation cannot be completed" access denied even I am administrator and have full privileges and this service NOT ALLOWED for UAC virtualization. any...
  4. Access denied at setting affinity for analysis services for report server power BI

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.: My question is identical to this post: Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work - Microsoft CommunityI am also having trouble with the same task: 3dsmax.In searching through various posts, this issue has not been resolved. The 3dsmax process, when...
  6. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.: My question is identical to this post: Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work - Microsoft CommunityI am also having trouble with the same task: 3dsmax.In searching through various posts, this issue has not been resolved. The 3dsmax process, when...
  7. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

8. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin: I just installed brand new windows 10 pro on a brand new machine but when I want to change the CPU affinity on an app I always get access is denied error. I'm an admin on the system, there is no other user yet and I also have full access and permissions to the app I'm trying...
  9. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin: I just installed brand new windows 10 pro on a brand new machine but when I want to change the CPU affinity on an app I always get access is denied error. I'm an admin on the system, there is no other user yet and I also have full access and permissions to the app I'm trying...
  10. Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.: I can't change Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process and i lowered to UAC already too and tried many times....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access or set affinity acces is denied