Windows 10: How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied"

Discus and support How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm unable to set or change process affinity for msmpeng (Windows Security Virus & threat protection). I'm logged-in with admin privileges. System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ecovoy, May 24, 2021.

1. Ecovoy Win User

How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied"

Hi, I'm unable to set or change process affinity for msmpeng (Windows Security Virus & threat protection). I'm logged-in with admin privileges. System is Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928). Does anyone know the steps to follow to achieve this? Thanks!

:)

Ecovoy, May 24, 2021
  2. Bingkai Win User

Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

I can't change Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process and i lowered to UAC already too and tried many times.

Bingkai, May 24, 2021
  3. ayalvac Win User
    Task Manager: Access Denied (Setting Priority)

Even though I use the admin profile and launch the task manager as such I get the "access denied" message when I try to change priority of the processes or set affinity for them. I have the latest build of Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there any solution for
    this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ayalvac, May 24, 2021
  4. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

1. How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied" - Similar Threads - set affinity msmpeng

2. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin: I just installed brand new windows 10 pro on a brand new machine but when I want to change the CPU affinity on an app I always get access is denied error. I'm an admin on the system, there is no other user yet and I also have full access and permissions to the app I'm trying...
  3. Local Settings folder denied access to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Settings folder denied access to: Hi. So basically i just want to know why I am denied acces to the Local Settings folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-settings-folder-denied-access-to/8952d915-e568-4d0b-8254-7d01d098355a
  4. How to set the affinity of an app to single core ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set the affinity of an app to single core ?: Hi everyone, Recently I had this weird issue where my output sound is disgusting when the affinity of "audiodg.exe" is set to more than one core. I'd like to know if there is a solution to set the affinity of an app to single core without specifying which core ? Thanks...
  5. Access denied when accessing to USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access denied when accessing to USB drive: Hello Support, I have been trying to access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message. Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-when-accessing-to-usb-drive/6868d2d8-e022-4279-8182-214be97a481b
  6. Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.: I can't change Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process and i lowered to UAC already too and tried many times....
  7. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity? If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know...
  8. How to access a denied folder

How to access a denied folder: In folder c:\users\Number_6, I know there's a folder called Start Menu. But that folder does not show up when I use File Explorer. when I use Agent Ransack to show all folders named Start Menu, it brings up that folder; but when I double-click on that entry when Agent...
  9. What is Processor Affinity & how to set Processor Affinity on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is Processor Affinity & how to set Processor Affinity on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When a Program runs in Windows 10, it uses CPU. Most of the computers have a multicore processor. Any Program that you run uses all the CPU cores. In simple words, Windows OS decides how to use the cores for [...] This post What is Processor Affinity & how...
  10. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...