Windows 10: How to set AMP to use manually selected ports.

Discus and support How to set AMP to use manually selected ports. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a VOX AMP that has a USB connection uses a KORG USB midi driver. The connection has to be made within the old 10-MIDI-port-limitation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrianVogler, Apr 3, 2019.

1. How to set AMP to use manually selected ports.

I have a VOX AMP that has a USB connection uses a KORG USB midi driver.

The connection has to be made within the old 10-MIDI-port-limitation, otherwise the AMP is not seen by the KORG Tone Room software.

Now strange things (?) happen on my Windows 10 system.

The driver always gets installed to the 11th port (mid10 or higher), though the ports mid1-mid9 are still available and not taken by any other device.

How can that happen?

How can I handle the situation, f.e. manually switch the AMP to use mid1-mid9 for the connection?

Thx in advance for every hint.

Best, Adrian

How to set AMP to use manually selected ports. e70a3cd0-f62d-4ae3-808d-d7a440e02623?upload=true.jpg

What is with mid1-mid9?

Why is (always) mid10 used for the VOX?

How to set AMP to use manually selected ports. 6ac600c5-34fe-4c5e-8696-083680ce32aa?upload=true.jpg

***Original title: Strange MIDI-port problem (10-port-limitation-related)***

:)

AdrianVogler, Apr 3, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

How to set AMP to use manually selected ports. [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

How to set AMP to use manually selected ports.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

How to set AMP to use manually selected ports.

1. How to set AMP to use manually selected ports. - Similar Threads - set AMP manually

2. Resources for Manually Adding Comm Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resources for Manually Adding Comm Port: I'm attempting to add a new comm port to my ThinkPad T14s running Win 10 in order to use a USB-serial cable. I've tried to configure resources to the port using many of the basic configurations, but of the ones I've tested I get a code 12 error. Within the resources tab it's...
  3. Resources for Manually Adding Comm Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resources for Manually Adding Comm Port: I'm attempting to add a new comm port to my ThinkPad T14s running Win 10 in order to use a USB-serial cable. I've tried to configure resources to the port using many of the basic configurations, but of the ones I've tested I get a code 12 error. Within the resources tab it's...
  4. How to selectively update window 10 manually?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to selectively update window 10 manually?: Some update causes problem and I would like to know on how to selectively update window 10 manually for testing.Once I find certain update causing the problem, how to avoid any this update in future?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  5. Unable to use manual DNS settings; configuring manual DNS or using a VPN breaks internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use manual DNS settings; configuring manual DNS or using a VPN breaks internet: Hello! I am running Windows 10 version 20H2, build 19042.685. When I try to configure manual DNS under my adapter properties, DNS no longer resolves and my internet does not function properly. Moreover, when I use a VPN service, the internet does not function, presumably...
  6. How to select GPU for apps using registry instead of Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to select GPU for apps using registry instead of Settings: Hello. I have a 1050 ti and a 2080 ti in my system to resolve a seperate issue with multi-monitors and DisplayLink. Now I have a different issue I am trying to solve. GPU 0 in my system is the 1050 ti GPU 1 in my system is the 2080 ti I want to be able to specify that all...
  7. Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually: How do uncheck the automatic network selection? see below. I've spent one and a half hrs on the phone to Microsoft, no remedy. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-cellular-settings-how-to-select-network/334b912e-2a6e-4b89-a0b9-6de98694a8e0
  8. How many watts and amps does a laptop use?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How many watts and amps does a laptop use?: How many watts and amps does a laptop use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-watts-and-amps-does-a-laptop-use/939795b0-8d66-4b0a-9a56-8605ffa1488c
  9. How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?: How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-manually-select-and-install-updates-in/ed29032b-9d13-4224-8f2c-2e6bfea5b612
  10. Manually select install version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manually select install version?: Hello! I created an install USB from a Windows 7 Pro installation on my desktop and I want to install Windows 10 Pro on my laptop (I have a valid Windows 7 Pro key). The only thing is: My laptop came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 Home *Mad. That means the key is in the BIOS...