Windows 10: How to set appropriate directory columns types

Discus and support How to set appropriate directory columns types in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro here. When browsing through various directories it is showing various files that are inside. However Windows behaves differently when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tomasm21, May 27, 2019.

1. Tomasm21 Win User

How to set appropriate directory columns types

Windows 10 Pro here.

When browsing through various directories it is showing various files that are inside.
    However Windows behaves differently when showing folder contents. It shows file properties on appropriate columns. Most basic and common column is "Name". By default it is followed by "Date modified", "Size" and "Type". These are the most important properties that are actual for a user.

However when I open directory containing music files then windows directory is always showing such columns like "#", "Title", "Contributing artists" and "album". I don't want to see such fields everytime I open music folders. I know how to change columns types manually. It works only for one appropriate directory.

I need so it would always open all directories and group files attributes according "Date modified", "Size" and "Type". How to do it?

:)

Tomasm21, May 27, 2019
  2. Akumos Win User

SQL HELP-ORA-04073 column list not valid for this trigger type

Hi,

After trying to create this trigger:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER a
    AFTER INSERT OF duration, startdate ON route, outing
    FOR EACH ROW
    WHEN (NEW.startdate LIKE %jan%)
    AND (NEW.duration = 5)
    DECLARE
    closed_in_jan EXCEPTION;

EXCEPTION
    WHEN closed_in_jan THEN
    RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR (-20101,We are closed in January.');

I get this error:

ORA-04073 column list not valid for this trigger type
    Cause
    A column list was specified for a non-update trigger type.

Action
    Remove the column list.

I've tried researching but can't find out what a column list is!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Akumos, May 27, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, May 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory

Hi, I'm guessing you're referring to the "Datum" column in file explorer.

As that's not English, and it doesn't appear to be specific, please have a look at the column selection options and see which you have selected.

Here I've shown two different data columns. You will note these have two word names.

How to set appropriate directory columns types [​IMG]

If you right click the column heading you should see a list of selectable columns.

How to set appropriate directory columns types [​IMG]

dalchina, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to set appropriate directory columns types - Similar Threads - set appropriate directory

2. File Explorer Column Type Stuck on PNG and JPG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Column Type Stuck on PNG and JPG: I tried to look for a specific photo on my downloads folder by using the type column and now I can't get rid of it as every time I click on downloads it shows pngs and jpgs first making me have to deselect it to see everything in that section. Is there a way to disable this...
  3. Printer option is missing in column setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer option is missing in column setting: Hi,Previously i remember i have selected "printer" as one of the criteria in my folder column.I wonder why i cannot find it anymore in the same place. Did Microsoft remove it?Windows 2012 R2 Thank you....
  4. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  5. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  6. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  8. Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  9. Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to set a default column width in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set a default column width in windows explorer?: Every time I open a folder, the Name column is too narrow and all contents display as "Part of the filenam...". This means navigating through a directory I have to: open > resize > open > resize > open > resize...I would like to set a default column width that is large, say...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ORA-04073: column list not valid for this trigger type

2. what is appropriate directory

3. appropriate directory

4. fic ora-04073: column list not valid for this trigger type