Windows 10: How to set background image

Discus and support How to set background image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread. can anyone advise how to change home screen I want to personalize and put photo on unfortunately not that savvy lol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolStapleton, Feb 21, 2020.

1. How to set background image

Split from this thread.​

can anyone advise how to change home screen I want to personalize and put photo on unfortunately not that savvy lol

:)

CarolStapleton, Feb 21, 2020

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Feb 21, 2020
  4. How to set background image

Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsHow to set background image :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

How to set background image

1. How to set background image - Similar Threads - set background image

2. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  3. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  4. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The background is set to an image, but for some reason, the background is just orange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The background is set to an image, but for some reason, the background is just orange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Handynick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k26qit/the_background_is_set_to_an_image_but_for_some/
  6. Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color": I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting all the files in...
  7. Background Image

Background Image: My laptop changed the background image by itself with my PC's one. I installed Windows 10 from there website on my new PC and reinstalled the same Windows on my laptop. I connected on both devices on my Microsoft Account. However I did this a few weeks ago and my laptop's...
  8. Setting animated image as Desktop Background

Setting animated image as Desktop Background: sir, I want to set an animated background ***Original title: Desktop background*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-animated-image-as-desktop-background/638790b6-ca67-44e5-9975-1b61cdac38da
  9. Login Background Image: Setting One Picture

Login Background Image: Setting One Picture: One of the posts here indicated how to get at the series of images that display in the Lock Screen. I liked one of them and changed the Lock Screen to use that exclusively. However I don't care for the Lock Screen so I disabled it in GPEdit. I have set the Login background to...
  10. Setting One Picture as a Login Background Image

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting One Picture as a Login Background Image: One of the posts here indicated how to get at the series of images that display in the Lock Screen. I liked one of them and changed the Lock Screen to use that exclusively. However I don't care for the Lock Screen so I disabled it in GPEdit. I have set the Login background to...