Windows 10: How to set CPU affinity permanently for .exe without third party software

Discus and support How to set CPU affinity permanently for .exe without third party software in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to set permanent CPU affinity for .exe file to one logical processor. But below are my restrictions for it.1 I don't want to use any third... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pratik T, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Pratik T Win User

How to set CPU affinity permanently for .exe without third party software

I want to set permanent CPU affinity for .exe file to one logical processor. But below are my restrictions for it.1 I don't want to use any third party software.2 I don't want to use shortcut or batch file of the .exeIs there any way I can set the affinity permanently so that I don't have to reset it manually?

:)

Pratik T, Apr 27, 2021
  2. hajen Win User
    hajen, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Polo6RGTI Win User
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

I use batch scripts to set the affinity and priority.

How to set CPU affinity permanently for .exe without third party software [​IMG]

Binary/Decimal/Hexadecimal Converter

Code:
    You can also create a shortcut on the Desktop:
    Code:
    How to set CPU affinity permanently for .exe without third party software [​IMG]

Polo6RGTI, Apr 27, 2021
  4. d4005 Win User

How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

Is there a way to achieve permanent affinity for a program that is used without a shortcut? I use the WinFF program for video conversion, which is a UI wrapper around ffmpeg.exe that does the actual converting. So I could set the affinity for WinFF in my WinFF shortcut, but once it starts ffmpeg to do the conversion I've lost that affinity connection because it's a brand new program. I can do it manually, but if I've set WinFF with the task of converting 50 video files, I'd have to set the affinity 50 times.

d4005, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

1. How to set CPU affinity permanently for .exe without third party software - Similar Threads - set CPU affinity

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity?If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know how...
  4. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity?If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know how...
  5. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How To Change Start Menu Icon Without Third-Party Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Change Start Menu Icon Without Third-Party Software: I'm trying to figure out how can I change the start menu icon but so far, I couldn't find anything on the internet. All the answers include third-party software which are not ready for windows 11. Is there a way I can change the icon through system softwares? Like control...
  7. How To Change Start Menu Icon Without Third-Party Software

How To Change Start Menu Icon Without Third-Party Software: I'm trying to figure out how can I change the start menu icon but so far, I couldn't find anything on the internet. All the answers include third-party software which are not ready for windows 11. Is there a way I can change the icon through system softwares? Like control...
  8. how to mute mic without any third party software

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to mute mic without any third party software: how to mute mic without any third party software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mute-mic-without-any-third-party-software/8367f5e7-90c0-4eea-afac-ae618c9fc9fd
  9. Full backup without any third party software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full backup without any third party software?: Im new to windows 10, but on my older HP laptop, there was a partition called recovery which basically helped me reinstall windows if my laptop got busted and my new one doesnt. So I was wondering if there is a tool thats already installed by MS or something to do the job....
  10. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity? If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know...